Help with someone exploiting my game (automatic kick)

FIXED Edit: Thanks to the amazing replies I recieved, we found this issue was due to me having some suspicious plam tree models in-game that contained scripts.

So I’m not completely sure what has happened however since yesterday evening, whenever people have tried to join my game, they have been automatically kicked, me included.

I suspect this was due to an exploiter, as they were coming into our other game around the same time yesterday evening before we locked the server. When testing the game in Roblox Studio, it works perfectly fine and I’m not kicked from the server.

I am also using Basic Admin Commands 2.0 in my game, as well as a account age kick script however the account age kick script has not been modified and there’s no one in the game to be manually kicking everyone who joins. Whoever it was may have modified the commands. Though, I’m not a scripter so I wouldn’t know.

I was told that this is apparently a new exploit going around but if anyone knows how to fix this, it would be much appreciated.

I doubt it will be much help but here is a screenshot:

Try searching all scripts for “:Kick(“ and tell us the results. You most likely took an admin script with a back door. Also look for “require(“ and “getfenv(“

1 Like

Search that in all scripts, with ctrl+shift+f.

1 Like

This is happening to me as well right now

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I just tried but the only result that came up was my account age script so I tried deleting that and then playing but it still didn’t work!

Maybe try to search all scripts with the kick function? “Kick()”

1 Like

No results for that either, sadly!

Here are a couple of questions and ideas that might help
Are there search results for IsStudio, suspicious scripts containing the phrase “char”?

Try using the Regex option in Ctrl shift f and look for suspiciously long phrases (use a super long string of periods for example to look for super long strings of letters and numbers, this could reveal an obfuscated script)

Put script in the workspace search bar and look for suspiciously named/placed scripts, if you have a scripter who is familiar with what scripts are supposed to be in the game have him do this

Does it happen 24/7 or just sometimes? How often?
Does it happen when you’re alone in the game?
Does it happen in new servers or just ones where people have been in them for a bit?
Does it still happen if you re-publish an exact copy of the game somewhere else?
If you delete all of the scripts in the game does it’s still happen?

3 Likes

Okay so maybe the script is obfuscated, try to search for “PSU” or “Obfuscated” if that doesn’t work search all the scripts and check if they dont have some hidden scripts in there. Obfuscated code isn’t readable and looks really weird.

1 Like

Ok thank you for your hint I tried searching “char” and it turns out that the 4 palm trees I placed had scripts in them and its children’s name was suspicious. I deleted and tried entering game 3 times and it didn’t happen and I hope it doesn’t happen again.

3 Likes

I would try reactivating a version from back when it worked. If it still doesn’t work, it’s possible that something like the admin controls has been compromised.

Nvm, looks like you found it!

1 Like

Roblox currently has bot that spamming palm tree asset with virus, Just wanted to let you know.

2 Likes

I have palm trees in my game, so perhaps that’s my issue. They also have scripts in them, I’ll try deleting them and seeing if it changes anything.

UPDATE: I deleted them and it worked, the kicking issue is no longer happening.

3 Likes

I literally deleted so many of my scripts just becuse I thought the issue was with my scripts. But I am happy for you and myself.

2 Likes