Help With Tool Equip Animation

Hello new developer here, i have tried and looked at other tutorials/posts on how this could be fixed, i just don’t get this animation stuff man.

this is what the animation should look like

here is what it looks like in game

3 Likes

have you tried setting animation priority to action?

1 Like

Hello! I think your problem is the animation priority.
Animation priority lets you override lower priority animation if two anims are playing at a time

Your animation seems to have a lower priority than the idle animation, causing it to look weird

You can set the priority here, make sure it’s higher than your other animations priorities

(Forgot to say, core is the lowest priority and the highest is action4!)

The only reason that could be happening is that some other animation is interfering with your tool equip animation, make sure the animation priority is set to the highest.

sadly still the same thing, the pipe is still not animated, its just stuck in the hand with no animations

If the pipe is a tool then it can’t be animated, I’ve had the same issue before and my only solution was to create my own inventory system with custom tools. Sorry if this is incorrect

1 Like

Oh alright. Is the pipe inside of the player’s model? If the joints or the model aren’t inside of the model it won’t be animated

I did this and definitely recommend it

2 Likes

Now that I’m looking at it, that is the problem! The hand is properly animated but the tool isn’t.

2 Likes

alright!!, i’ll try this out thank you for the tipss hopefully it works

1 Like

it is inside the right arm of the dummy

Hmm ok

Could I see a screenshot of the rig hierarchy?

And did you re-export the animation after changing the priority?

and yes i have re-exported it

Could i see the pipe’s hierarchy too please?

forgot to open it mb

It all looks correct to me.

I’m not sure what could be the problem… what does your code look like?

You have to play the animation for the pipe aswell.

You can add an animator for that!

No, if the pipe’s joints are included in the dummy’s model they should animate as usual. Something else is wrong but I don’t think it’s that!

Well everything seems to be fine from the screenshot, but I’d recommend doing what I said still.

this is the script for the equip

this one is for the idle