Help with Train Bogies

I don’t really know where to put this, so I’ll try here.

Hello! I’m trying to make some form of train for fun, don’t know much about cframe and tweening so I went with physics, when I go around corners the train bogies go wild and glitch off the track.

How can I fix this, or is there a way to use tweening/cframe without sacrificing player control?

I’ve attacked a video of what happens.

2 Likes

I think maybe its going too fast around the bends?

also I don’t think you attacked a video of whats happening :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is ussually a case from
a. going too fast
b. the rails are too tight

Id recomend putting a bv in a base part of the train, that grey part on the bottom is a good spot, put a script into the seat and add a script that as the player holds w it will increase a value inside the train slowly, and when the palyer holds s it will decrease the value. You can have another script that has a function change to change the bv whenever the value changes.
This will allow for smooth driving if done right.

After this, on the trucks remove wheels, or make them welded as decoration, put a cylinder on the top of the rails, a ball inbetween the rails with its side almost touching, or take another cylinder and put it on its side between them, underneath of the trail put a flat part that goes from about the middle of the truck to the front of the truck. This allows for slopes if you want it

Now collisions, create two new groups, rails and gliders, take those parts that keep them on the track and name them gliders, when that is done open up the collision group editor and add the groups mentioned.
Rails collide with gliders, and default
Gliders collide with rails, and themselves only.

If you have any questions, message me back.

1 Like

Don’t know the solution , but I’m here because I’m a train fan.

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast response!

I’m a bit confused what you mean by a cylinder on the top of the rails. Do you think you could show an image to demonstrate?

No worries if thats too much of a hassle.

In school right now, take a cylinder, put it on its side with the circle side facing outside of the tracks

like this?

yes, but goes to the other side of the track, this helps with slopes and stability, so it doesnt wiggle side to side, and keep it one part

That makes a lot more sense now, thank you I’ll try this

any luck?
If you need to me to I can rig it up for you. Ill be out of school in about 2-3 hours.

Yup, it doesn’t glitch out anymore! Only problem is the weight stops it going round corners, I would try making the carriages weightless but I think that’ll make them way to bouncy and derail.
I would put a part under the ground to stop it jumping but I have no clue how to do that.

If you want to you can send me a model in dm, if had way to much work with these types of trains due to Ro-Scale and my own custom train/track

try using cylinders for gliders instead of balls/sphers might work