Help with WALL simulator

Hello, how are you? I would like to make a wall just like a pet simulator and Unboxing Simulator, which determines “VALUE” the person can go beyond a GUI that asks if the person wants to buy the next area

1 Like

It’s simple. Depends on what values you wanna use. Just check if,

if IntValue == the value of the next area then
activate a boolean value to return true to allow access
end

Please don’t expect us to write entire systems for you.

If you want us to and will pay, check out #collaboration:recruitment.

@daslick Your code won’t work.

1. You are checking if the players level (assuming these areas are level based) is equal to the value. If they were one level above, it simply wouldn’t work. Instead use >= when comparing the two values.

2. For security and preference, I wouldn’t use a BoolValue. Instead you can just store the clearance in the scripts memory.

@OP, slightly off-topic but if you are going to have a crack at this, use PhysicsService. Simply teleporting the player from one side to another is bad game design. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but this video explains a door system. Credits to Gamer M8

Simulator Door

EDIT: Sorry I inserted the wrong link! This should be the correct one.

Totally forgot about >=. As for security, why not a bool? Wouldn’t the outcome be the same? Or it is exploitable is what you’re saying?

It is exploitable, whereas if it’s stored in memory it cannot be accessed.

How would it be exploitable? As long as it is handled on the server it shouldn’t be exploitable

I gotchu. (30charactersssssssssss)

Side note: It would be exploitable if I inserted a boolean right? But if I have it inside the script, shouldn’t be a problem correct?

Does it really matter?
I’m sure an exploiter will find their way past the wall if they’re determined.

Regardless,
It depends on where you’re storing and where you’re checking if the player can move beyond the wall. For instance, if the server created a boolean, stored it on the server, and checked it on the server, you would be fine. However, if the client were to be the one to check or store the boolean, this would be a different case, because an exploiter would be able to manipulate the value since it’s on their client.

Every once in a while some exploit ends up cracking the server (Roblox are very swift to patch it though).

The exploiter can also access server-sided stuff if the game has been compromised by a free-model virus.

Could you possibly create the Boolean on the client and let the server check it? Then you could use a remote event to let through whoever the client is. This might not be correct though.

Yes this is true. This is what I implied but I didn’t make it clear my bad. Cause I said make a boolean with the implication of applying it to the servers side, so the client wouldn’t be able to change it. But I guess it would still be exploitable somehow?

1 Like

It would not replicate to the server.

I would recommend handling this entirely on the server.

1 Like

Your best bet is to handle things like this on the server, and have a small anti-exploit that ensures a player isn’t noclipping through a wall.

1 Like

Thank you for clearing that up. I thought it sounded it but strange after I posted it and through your comment a bit more thoroughly.

Thank you it was breaking the mind. :wink: