Help With Water/Semi-Transparent Parts

I am making some water for my survival game. I have encountered a problem with the water transparency. When you point your camera up, the water seems to get darker. I’m pretty sure this is because Roblox is not rendering the semi-transparent water properly. Does anyone have a solution for this? It might also just be a Roblox engine problem.

The water used is based on this tutorial: 3 Tips to Make The PERFECT Water in Roblox Studio!

Water object in the explorer
Screenshot 2024-06-28 093823

1 Like

This has to do with how Roblox decides which transparent objects are closer to the camera. Here’s an in nicely written response from someone at Roblox on this:

So there isn’t a solution to the problem?

Hi @Ace_Max01

If you think there is a bug please submit a Bug report.
It does look like a buggy behavior, but I see you’re trying to create a water effect with the layers of transparent parts. Having transparent parts close to each other like would would always some issues due to the sorting. If it happens due to that there is, unfortunately, nothing we can do short term.

The cause of the problem is due to the stacking of transparent parts, so I guess I’ll either have to remove the water depth/layer effect or live with it.