Heroes of Roblox: Turn-Based RPG

About two years ago (August 2015), I started work on a fun little project that turned out to be a lot more work than I had anticipated. I’ve played a handful of tactical RPG’s over the years, including Pokemon and the now-defunct Marvel: Avengers Alliance, and I’ve always found that style of gameplay fascinating. It took me a couple of years just to figure out how to get started on it in Roblox, and it’s taken me a couple more to make everything talk to each other the way it should.

About a month ago, I finally conquered the biggest thing slowing me down, and Heroes of Roblox now has a playable demo level.

Here’s some of the features already included:

• 3 vs. 3 PvE. Forget 1 on 1 like you’re training pets – bring a team. Right now both teams are locked in place, but you’ll be able to collect and pair together dozens, if not hundreds, of unique characters to work your way through dozens, if not hundreds, of storylines and quests.

• Each character has four unique moves, and each move has its own unique abilities. Taunt everyone, or bash that guy in particular. Or just be selfish and give yourself a little boost.

• Status effects. You’re not just dealing raw damage here. There’s buffs and debuffs galore! Lower your opponent’s evasion. Increase your own strength. Slash your way out of vines. Heal damage you’ve taken. Build up ammo for a big attack.

• Full opponent AI. Your enemies have the exact same moves, stamina, and abilities as you do – and, depending on the character, intelligence about which move they should be using next. (Eventually, of course, you’ll be able to upgrade your character with extra stats and abilities.)

It’s still very much a work in progress, so if you see bugs, have suggestions, or have questions, I’m all ears!

(Hmmm… a character that’s all ears… nah, that’s not a very sound idea.)

8 Likes

This looks very cool, and congrats on getting a playable demo. I hope you continue this as I’d totally play it.

2 Likes

Awesome work man!

Nice to see a fellow turn-based fan developing games on Roblox haha.

Have you played Hexaria on Roblox before?

2 Likes

I am excited to see more strategy games on Roblox. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! A long time ago, I think I did. I haven’t played many games on Roblox since a while before starting this project, but I have at least seen Hexaria.