Hey experienced programmers, Nevermore Engine now can be installed in 30 seconds

Hey all, I’ve just added a 30 second install for Nevermore. Just paste the given code into the command bar.

Nevermore is an opensource collection of libraries I’ve been working on for the last few years. I’ve used it in a majority of my last games. Nevermore works alongside your existing frameworks because it’s just a collection of libraries and a loader.

A sample of libraries

You don’t have to use a library unless you load it. Nevermore should not impact performance (it can sit in a game without taking up processing power, as it’s just a ton of libraries). Here are a few of the libraries Nevermore offers

• Additive Camera effects
  • Admin commands
  • Pseudo chat
  • Welding, CFrame manipulation code, quaternion slerp
  • Bezier Curves
  • Player manipulation utilities (check teammates, et cetera)
  • Type checkers
  • GUI transparency and Color3 animation code
  • Material design UI code
    • Ripple
    • Snackbar
  • Kinetic scrolling frame (mobile inertia scrollling)
  • Compass code
  • TimeSync between server and client
  • Custom Signals
  • Promises
  • HeldInputs
  • Projectile physics
  • 3D rendering
  • Rotating text labels
  • Screen cover effects
  • Title generation

Click here for the install code

Note that Nevermore isn’t a ton of blocks for your game to snap together, but rather, a ton of building blocks for those blocks. For example, the compass code provides a compass model, and on top of that, a class that takes a GUI and a few GUI elements and animates them in the right position. It’s designed this way to be customization.

Give it a shot

If you want to see what Nevermore can do, maybe you can try installing my admin commands, which have pretty good instructions, try doing this

1. Install Nevermore in an empty place: https://github.com/Quenty/NevermoreEngine#get-nevermore

Let me know if there’s anything confusing so I can improve the instructions/implementation.*\

38 Likes

Looks really good Quenty.

Do you have an open-source game that we can see as an example?

3 Likes

Damn, this’d is almost exactly what I wanted Limitless to be… Too damned perfect. x)

1 Like

I love Nevermore Engine and I’m glad you’ve been updating the GitHub recently. :smile:

Awesome, I am going to test this out when I get some time. :smiley:

I hopped around your repo, but couldn’t find any unified documentation. It would be nice to have a list of the modules & their functions in a concise state so we can easily see what Nevermore can do and what it can’t.

Specifically, I’m interested in the Gui stuff. Can I use it to make an infinitely-scrollable list (reusing old elements, like the Android ListView)?

5 Likes

This is really cool, maybe we can make a place on the developers group on roblox and have it open source with the nevermore Engine that way people can test it and then take a sample!

1 Like

That was my only issue using Nevermore, I had to figure out what each function actually did (or ask Quenty himself).

Exactly what I ran into. It’s got a lot of nice utilities

1 Like

Not to be a politically correct ass but that’s not an engine. :kissing_heart:
Nice library collection though.

Why did you set it up to require a line of code to add in? Why not just save the whole thing as a model?

Engine sounds cooler, duhh
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It seems to have problems finding the library “SpringPhysics”

I asked quenty about it and he said that its not included because its actually TreyReynold’s (AxisAngle) work.
He said he left it in though because he thought it may prove useful to have the rest of the code he was able to release.

Because all you have to do is run the line in your command bar and everything is magically in the right place?

With a model it won’t get put in the right place and requires more work.

Felt like this was worthy of a pin. As usual, others with permissions may unpin this themselves if they see fit. Users can also unpin it for themselves.

I’m going to have to check this out in the morning.

Does this not work with FilteringEnabled or something?

local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService(“ReplicatedStorage”)
local LoadCustomLibrary = require(ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild(“NevermoreEngine”))
local qSystems = LoadCustomLibrary(“qSystems”)

xSpectrumWolfx, it works fine with FE!

You’re trying to call Nevermore, whereas you really want to call Nevermore.LoadLibrary

local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local LoadCustomLibrary = require(ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("NevermoreEngine")).LoadLibrary
local qSystems = LoadCustomLibrary("qSystems")

Try that! Let me know if there are any other issues!

Hello Quenty,

I wanted to install the Nevermore Engine on a completely new place earlier. After I received the message “Installing NevermoreEngine…” for 20 minutes, I aborted the installation. Thereupon I started a second attempt and ran Roblox Studio as administrator. This attempt was also aborted after a few minutes. Either I am doing something wrong or the installation does not work anymore. I can’t imagine the latter option, since the last change was added to the github repository only two days ago.

It would be nice if you could help me!

Many greetings

5 Likes