"Hidden Surface Removal AssetId..." Spam

I made a temporary fix for that. Let me know if the warning does not show up if you restart the studio.
Also, it will be helpful if you can send a place that has warnings shown before so I can take a deep investigation into it and see if some cases are missing. Thanks and sorry for the trouble!

3 Likes

I can confirm that the problem has been resolved as I experienced the same issue before.

Can also confirm the issue is now fixed on my end!

Yeah it doesn’t show anymore. Hopefully someone can send a place that has this warning so the roblox staff can take a deep investigation of the problem. I wanted to send my place but I don’t have the permission to do so.

Now I am seeing this in the server output: Failed to upload hidden surface removal data. Exceeded limit. Try again in a few minutes. (x319) - Studio

Hi after publishing the place, is the problem fixed for you? If it is, can you file another bug report for the new one? Thanks!

The error is still happening today in Studio in the output window when I publish. See the screenshot from studio below. Interesting that the number changed between the two publishs. I did a “publish to Roblox as” and overwrote an existing test place.

I am unable to file a new bug report. Can you rank me to regular member so I can?

I published again, the next day, and now it worked with no “hidden surface removal. Exceeded limit.” messages. Maybe the limit was increased? If so, thank you.

I continued to experience this message since February, but yesterday was able to identify the source of this error in my game:

3 skinned accessories were the problem. They included WrapLayers that were not functioning correctly. Removing the WrapLayer eliminated this message!

The WrapLayer issue:

The inner and outer cages I had assigned to them were broken because of an old loading issue for custom avatars.:

That’s all. The import failed, the WrapLayer never worked, and the existence of a broken WrapLayer produces this error message while saving.

Happened to me too in a root place with only ModuleScripts in ReplicatedStorage and ServerScripts in ServerScriptService.

Reviving with a possible solution for anyone with this error in the future:

1. SAVE YOUR FILE TO YOUR COMPUTER
2. Close the place and log out of Studio
3. Log back in and open your saved .rbxl file

When this happened to me, it just so happened that I had reset Roblox my password while still working in Studio. I didn’t think twice about it until it prompted me to log in when I opened Studio back up. Hopefully it does the same for you.

I haven’t noticed this in Roblox’s output, however I have noticed it in my group’s audit logs:

Clicking on the link results in a Bad Request error.

1 Like

Sorry for the super late reply. The hidden surface removal data has a limitation(around 150) when you publish, and everytime you publish, it would publish the first 150 ones and failed others.
The publish limitation update every 1 minute, so if you wait a minute, you can upload another 150.
Sorry for the inconvenience, we will try to figure out a way to solve this problem later.

1 Like

Hi thanks for provide this solution, do you still have the accessories with the broken wrap layers? Thanks!

Does this still happen to you? If so can you send me the rbxl if possible? Thanks.

No, not anymore. I believe it was (intentionally or not) fixed a couple months back.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate on this? What exactly is happening here, and is there anything being done internally to fix it? There is 0 documentation about the error and this page is the only result when you search for it online.

Im having the exact same Issue and cant find anything online either, lets hope this affects many people so it gets fixed real soon.

This image shows a .rblx but it didnt work for uploaded roblox games either.

Roblox is having issues at the moment, that’s probably the cause for the errors:

(The status page wasn’t updated when I wrote that)

Thanks for your reply, everythings up and working now. For some reason the error down below doesnt show up anymore.