Hide Past Usernames On Profile

I think that having the usernames permanently locked is somewhat of a good feature because it prevents people from impersonating other people like some known developers or youtubers

1 Like

Bumping this because I can’t remove my dead name from my Roblox account. Would really help to hide that for my safety.

10 Likes

Agreed. Some past names could be personally identifying. For example, if somebodies past name was littletimmy2012, you can assume the year they were born, and therefore their age. If they don’t want people to know their age in the future, they will have a problem unless this feature request is noticed and implemented.

4 Likes

This would not be an issue, personally identifying usernames should be reset via Roblox support, they will remove the username from the username history of the account aswell as update the username to a preferred username, all for free.

Roblox support wouldn’t have to be used if there was an easy privacy setting added to hide them from others.

1 Like

Nope, it would, for privacy reasons the usernames need to be removed permanently with no way to re-enable them afaik.

1 Like

Disagree on most fronts. This sort of functionality should have a lot of extra details if it was going to be implemented. Main ones being:

• If a name is going to be removed from a profile, it should be wiped clean and made available for request again. There’s no point having it held up otherwise.
  • If a name was requested to be reset/removed because of personal information [irl name being a common one] or inappropriate content [assuming it wasn’t heavy enough to warrant a termination, which is rare to say the least] it should also be unlinked/wiped from the profile entirely.

I don’t think allowing people to hide names without unlinking them is a good idea long term, a decent amount of polish should be put on this if it ever gets made.

4 Likes

Unfortunately provably false.

I recently contacted Roblox to have one of my past usernames removed. It contains my first name, which apparently isn’t enough to be considered personally identifying information.

7 Likes

We need this for groups. I misspelled the name and recently I’ve rebranded.

I don’t quite agree with this. It should be made cheaper or have a gigantic cool-down.

bumping this.
this is a feature that has been requested for years, yet still isn’t a thing.

2 Likes

Roblox support just told me to be quiet and deal with it basically, this needs to be bumped.

6 Likes

This feature is definitely a must have, even after all these years. Bumping this.

6 Likes

This would be a great feature. After almost five years, this post still deserves a bump.

7 Likes

but there’s an issue with them not implementing something like that. there’s this specific roleplay group (won’t mention names) that legit takes advantage of that so they can stalk my activity over some dumb past drama from several years ago. if they actually did implement that system then i can simply change my username and never have to put up with that group and its crazy moderation team again.

1 Like

And I have tried reporting them, but roblox never seems to take my reports against that group literal and their group has the verified icon so it would seem my reports can’t do much.

2 Likes

I’m on a platform where it’s a flat 40 US dollar ree to change your username, not sure where you are getting the idea most platforms let you do that for free.

I agree with the opening post that you should be able to hide past usernames though as its very good for people who have transitioned and don’t want everyone to see their dead-name on roblox.

2 Likes

They can still identify you by your user id.

1 Like

I highly doubt they are taking advantage of your past usernames but are rather using your UserId or profile link (which both never change) to identify you. My reporting example was relevant because many regular Roblox users do not understand the concept of a UserId and therefore wouldn’t be able to find the account after they leave, to report them. Groups such as this likely know what they are doing and save those UserIds for later use, which is outside the scope of this request.

I know that Xbox makes you pay some fee to change username

I disagree for the same reason onto why I hate display names

Numero Uno: If they had their past username as their real name, they should’ve been smarter and took the time to read the “Don’t use your real name” part in the username field [even though my old username corelates to my name]

Numero Dos: It’s not like you’ll get embarassed for having “xXCool_Kidd69Xx” as your past username