Hide services from explorer

I never use these services while in studio. If I delete them, studio should not actually delete them but just hide them and make them available to insert again thru the Services menu. This would make the explorer window less cluttered

6 Likes

Agh, so this is something that all the code exists for but that was never turned on for boring reasons. I set a reminder to turn this on next month. If you want to preview this now and help find potential issues, FFlagHideServiceAction is what you want.

15 Likes

how to turn it on man i tried changing settings but its not working

Boring reasons averted–this change is now rolling out.

1 Like

Thank you, finally we can have a cleaner explorer window!

The feature in its current state doesn’t save, I have to delete every service I want hidden every time I open the place in studio. It should persist per place.

Also probably about 50% of the time the option to even hide the service is greyed out and pressing backspace or delete doesn’t work

It not keeping the service hidden in the place is a bug, can you please file that?

As for the buttons being grayed out, this should be fixed when we rewrite the explorer soonish–I think we don’t know why that happens for now