Hide severely disliked games from the front page

That’s true too. This is probably a different suggestion in and of its self, but would implementing a captcha for liking/disliking be too difficult? It’d be worth it, stopping kids from getting scammed out of their account info.

Roblox is very anti captcha so thats not gonna happen : /

How come? I’m not sure I see why anyone would be against using captcha.

Bad user experience… Atleast thats what they always say.

lol they always choose Sunday when moderation is less active to spam their scam games smh. Games should be put into auto review if they receive a certain number of dislikes / reports in a short amount of time.

4 Likes

This has actually been going on all week which shows that this is becoming a serious problem that Roblox moderators and engineers need to address immediately.

Although, I don’t think hiding severely disliked games from the front page will stop these games because they can just use the bots to like the game.

4 Likes

This seems like such a minor thing, doesn’t it? Would people rather have their accounts stolen or have to enter 4-5 letters before submitting/sending something?

You can hire people to solve captchas (farms), and it’s not really a “one or the other” scenario. People falling for this won’t be saved by a captcha.

Less people will rate (do actions that require captchas) and bots would still be out there, no one wins.

I think if a game is severely disliked and has 90%+ dislikes, it should just automatically be flagged for moderation. That way, even if it’s a legitimate game, it can be put back up after the moderation finds nothing harmful, but if it’s a harmful game, it’ll be removed after getting moderated.

EDIT: And there should be a threshold for the total number of likes/dislikes too. That way a game with only 9 dislikes and 1 like won’t be automatically flagged. I’m not sure what that threshold number should be, though.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Memes, Puns & Meme related GIFs Thread

Or, Once a game is massively disliked in some time, Roblox gets notified and they check that game to see if it is a scam or not.

The title of the game doesn’t really matter as they will still be able to use bots to get the game to the front page where thousands of unsuspecting players will rush to the game. In fact, they may do better off “disguising” the game as something like a tycoon or prison.

I think a better solution might be that;

There needs to be detection methods to catch games with improbable jumps in player counts. How can a legitimate game/experince on roblox with no ads or sponsorship created by an account that has 0 place visits in the past, no badges, no hats, and only a few suspicious favorited games (which they’ve never actually played) suddenly jump from 0 to 10 thousand players?

The roblox site already tracks metrics, why can’t we use those metrics to determine a real developer from someones place favoriting bot/ player count bot that they are reusing to redirect users to whatever they want them to do

6 Likes

this one actually makes sense.

after maybe 70%+ dislikes and after a certain amount of votes have been casted on it, it’d be flagged automatically instead of being removed.

that could probably work.

3 Likes

Right, because a Captcha every 10th message or comment is a bad user experience, but this is perfectly safe and will not affect a new user’s experience in any way.

As someone who works with customers every day, I understand fully that making someone feel at home and welcome is a big part of good business. And intimidated or out-of-place customers get turned away without even saying anything to us, which is double-bad. But sometimes these standards get ridiculous!

3 Likes

someone here brought up that they hire people to solve the captchas, but I don’t know where or how legitimate that source is.

That may even be true, but I feel like not very many people will do that for a silly thing like Roblox. Twitter or Youtube I could fathom paying someone to solve them, but why would they pay to do it on Roblox? Even if somehow the Robux they scammed off of people was worth it (And you can’t just DevEx stuff willy-nilly, even if you have all of those accounts buy your dev products), they run a high risk of being caught and ruining it all anyways.

Anyhow, this is kinda tangential to the topic at hand, so I digress.

1 Like

And yet again a topic has been turned into a CAPTCHA debate reeeee stay on topic.

1 Like

Another one

We’re gonna have to take action at some point. They’re not even waiting for weekends now.

2 Likes

I definitely agree with this.

On InceptionTime’s stream, he saw a free robux game and instead of having the power to delete it right there, he had to report it. It probably sends it directly to the other admins if he does it (since he’s an admin) so if a game gets a certain amount of dislikes and gets sent to the admins, it should solve the problem.