Hide the deprecated toggle from showing up in search results

Literally every single class API page shows the word “Deprecated” as the second word in the description in the search results, which is inaccurate and always makes for a confused couple of seconds until the page loads and I see that in fact, workspace is not deprecated (thank god)

3 Likes

What is the point of that deprecated toggle? Does it even do anything?

I believe it’s supposed to toggle between showing or hiding deprecated values of the class which is important to have available, but most of the time and on most pages it’s not immediately necessary or useful

1 Like

The fact that I didn’t even know it did anything is a problem. It should be something more obvious like “Show deprecated members”, not just “Deprecated”.

1 Like

The switch is meant to be toggled on when an item is deprecated, however there is currently an issue where they’re instead toggled off.

That’s not quite correct. The switch is supposed to toggle the display of deprecated members on the page, such as the deprecated method GetModelCFrame of Model, which currently doesn’t display on the Model API page at all due to this issue.

2 Likes

That appears correct, thanks for making me aware.

Could you clarify, should the deprecated item toggle be displayed on the specific page itself, on the Model page or on both?

like so:

or

Edit: nvm misread that, understand now. Thanks :ok_hand: