HideBlockedPlayers: Hides blocked players

Sometimes you may want to hide the characters of blocked players from the player that blocked them. HideBlockedPlayers is a client-side script that sets the local transparency modifier of a player’s blocked players’ characters to 1 and hides their name and health.

Place the script inside StarterPlayer > StarterPlayerScripts.

Get it here:

A potential issue is the fifty blocked players limit. Players will be required to mass unblock people on their blocked users list every now and then. They can do so from their privacy settings at the bottom of the page.

40 Likes

THANK YOU! With this script game play will be so much more peaceful :star_struck:

1 Like

Does this have any effect for tools, bubble chat and collision with blocked players?

1 Like

This script does not interact with the Roblox chat system, but players are automatically muted on your end when you block them anyway (which includes disabling their bubble chat).

This script shouldn’t affect tools, as all it does is set the LocalTransparencyModifier of any BaseParts that are descendants of the character. However, if a tool relies on a lack of change in this regard then yes, the tool would be affected.

This script does not prevent collision with blocked players currently. I am considering adding an option that allows you to change this.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for clearing this up, I forgot the bubblechat is automatically hidden to blockees.

I’d imagine any tool that involves clicking on an object might have issues with the invisible player interfering with the selection (unless they are added to the Mouse Target Filter also)

Does it affect the way the blockees can see the people who blocked them?

2 Likes

No. Blockees receive no indication that a player blocked them.

1 Like

This is going to be extra helpful for the release of my new game, thank you!

To fix a potential bug, I have updated the script so that it does not use CollectionService, as previously the Ignored tag given to ignored players on the client would be overridden every time a new tag is added to a player on the server.