Hiding Leaderstats

Good morning/afternoon/evening developers!

I’m a beginner at developing, so I’m still learning to script. I’ve wanted to have a side game that I could work on without having to script that much. So I settled with an obby.

I’ve used tutorials to store a player’s progress on my games with checkpoints. I designed these checkpoints to be SpawnLocations connected to Teams that would AllowTeamChangeOnTouch. I noticed that the name of my teams (e.g. Stage1, Stage2, etc) were shown on the leaderstats. I was planning to have a whole lot of stages, and I figured it would be annoying to scroll so much on the leaderstats to see players that were on each stage.

So - I want to find a way to hide the leaderstats. Is there a way to do this? Does it require scripting?

I’ve tried looking on DevForum and DeveloperHub for the answers, but I wound up with nothing.

Could you guys help out? Thanks in advance!

5 Likes
game:GetService("StarterGui"):SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.PlayerList, false)
19 Likes

To hide the leaderboard type this into a LocalScript:

game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.PlayerList, false)

there is no way to hide teams unless you make a custom leaderboard

5 Likes

Ah, thank you! Although none of the posts worked for me so far, it’s probably because I’m using teams. I’ll just make a custom leaderboard then. Will the code you just mentioned work to hide my custom leaderboard as well?

1 Like

The code I gave you will remove the default leaderboard.

1 Like

Just change the lederstats Name to something else, and you’re fine!
No need to hide PlayerList

2 Likes

I’m using the Teams service though - it creates a leaderboard with all the teams. Is there a way to remove that?

1 Like

There is not. I would try (as I said) a custom leaderboard.

1 Like