Hiding new top bar

Hey everyone,

I am trying the usual code to hide the top bar:

pcall(function()
	local starterGui = game:GetService('StarterGui')
	starterGui:SetCore("TopbarEnabled", false)
end)

But it is not working with the new top bar. The gui still doesn’t use the extra 32 pixels of space.

2 Likes

I tried the script and it works for me. Try checking stuff outside of the script.

Hope this helped!

I am trying it in an empty game, it doesn’t seem to work.

If you print something inside of the script, does anything print? ( just to check if the script even runs )

Yep. Everything prints fine, no errors, the new announcement said this code should work fine, and it did with the old top bar and now it does nothing.

When you say there’s no errors, does that mean that you tried it without the pcall()?

Yeah, I tried it with and without. No errors without pcall()

My bad, I should specify this. All the top bar buttons and everything disappears except the roblox icon button. But the toolbar it self still takes up space.
https://gyazo.com/01cc40b0295f6a862487ededd4a4bd53

That’s probably intentional from ROBLOX’s behalf to prevent games that rely on the topbar offset from breaking. For now you can offset GuiObjects by -50 to place them at the top of the screen.

Hope this helped!

Use the IgnoreGuiInset property on ScreenGuis, this will increase the gui viewport size 36 (the topbar size) pixels to fill the topbar space, keep in mind the topbar will still render ontop of all your own objects

3 Likes