Hiding specific leaderstat

This is most likely something very simple, but is there any way to hide a stat on a leaderboard? I’ve looked on the dev hub and the forum, still can’t find any way to do this. If there is no way to do this, is there any way to have like a number assigned to a player that you can alter and acts like a leaderstat?

6 Likes

Create Another Folder named something other than “leaderstats” and place the value into there.

5 Likes

If you have more than 4 leaderstats in your game, any more that you add won’t show up on a leaderboard.

2 Likes

There’s no way to choose which 4 (AFAIK) though.

1 Like

I only have one leaderstat, I just want it to not be visible

2 Likes

Then don’t use a leaderstat and maybe just put a Value inside the Player object.

Leaderstats are the names of statistics that show on the leaderboard.

You can have stats without the leader.

1 Like

I’m a garbage scripter, how exactly might I do that?

2 Likes

Move it out of leaderstats and remove .leaderstats from all the scripts. (So Player.leaderstats.something becomes Player.something)

1 Like

just dont name the folder leaderstats and still parent it to the player, it wont show B)

1 Like

Yeah you could just rename it to stats, which might be cleaner than putting values directly in the Player :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You could also use this code: game:GetService(‘StarterGui’):SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.PlayerList, false)

1 Like

…why would you hide the entire player list and everything just to avoid displaying a stat? Just put the stat somewhere else.

1 Like

yeah, I guess that would be easier :slight_smile:

2 Likes