High ping and ping spikes (Roblox only)

Several months ago I stopped playing/being active on Roblox, but recently I returned to the platform and I have had unplayable ping and especially common ping spikes on all Roblox experiences. The ping spikes can range from a brief pause to losing connection entirely from the experience. I have also noticed that the ping spikes are more common and severe on servers that are faraway from my location. I have confirmed that this problem is only occurring on the Roblox platform, and not on other games such as ones on the Steam platform. The problem is also relevant across all Roblox games, not just one. I have tried many things to fix the problem in terms of my internet connection, but I have learned it is a Roblox problem and not a problem with my internet connection or anything, which narrows down the possible solution(s) by a lot. I have tried some basic solutions such as reinstalling the Roblox client, which obviously didn’t work or else I wouldn’t be here. All help is appreciated as I have not been able to find a solution to this problem for several days now.

8 Likes

Not a internet issue, obviously its a roblox issue if im lagging and my download speed is 120+ megabits. Can reproduce in every game.

2 Likes

Are you experiencing any issues such as assets not loading in-game?

I was some time ago, not anymore.

Have you tried using other accounts? This has happened to me a lot, but it works when I use other accounts. It normally fixed itself, but I emailed Roblox for help the first time. Don’t know why it happened

Yes, I have even tried using the Microsoft Store version of Roblox.

1 Like

Just to update these ping spikes are still happening and they are still ruining gameplay.

1 Like

They truly are, when im playing Stepford County Railway, I would be about 5-10 minutes late, when before this issue, I was able to do it in about 1 min late max. but it seems to be getting worse tbh. either I have: High ping and spikes, or Roblox not wanting to work at all.

1 Like