High ping for no reason and wont go back down

Hello I am having a problem with my game where the ping will be normal at around like 100-200 for the first few minutes of the game running, and then it will jump up to like 3,000 out of nowhere and not come back down

I only started getting this issue a few days ago and I haven’t changed anything in my game so I’m not sure why this is happening

I’ve tried changing a bunch of stuff in my scripts but its still happening

I’ve tried putting print() inside each of my functions to see which function runs before the ping goes up, but none of the functions seemed to be causing it

Heres a screen recording I took of the ping jumping up to 1000 from 100 out of nowhere:

4 Likes

This is an issue in one of my games as well, not sure why.

1 Like

Also tried reverting the whole game to a version before the issue started happening and it didn’t work

And i thought i was the only one… didnt touch a single thing in the game, only to play test recently after noticing a huge drop in visitor length, and saw my game shoot to 3,000 ping for no reason… only one other person in the server and nothing peculiar in the console.

I havent been able to witness it again, but I also stopped really thinking about it until I saw this post.

1 Like

Its because of roblox only likes cpu not gpu and also its ping increases with time playing and also with poor cpu

I’ve had this problem for a while and I think it is being caused by a network provider called “twelve99 net” that Roblox uses.

If you connect to an affected game, could you please check to see if my hypothesis works for your game:

1. Open the Roblox Log folder for the game.:
    C:\Users<your PC user name>\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs
  2. Open the most recent Log file (click on the Date heading to sort them)
  3. Open the file in your favourite text editor (Notepad++ is mine)
  4. Search for “Server Address” (without the quotes). This shows you the IP Address and the port of the Roblox Server instance you are/were connected to. Copy it.
  5. Now press WindowsKey + R, to open the Run dialog box. Type “cmd” and press OK to open the command prompt
  6. In the command prompt, type "tracert " followed by the IP address you copied earlier (right-click will paste it), like:
    tracert 128.116.30.144
    Press Enter to run the traceroute.

Your PC will now run a Trace Route, checking every router hop along the path from your PC, out of your house or wherever, onto the wider Internet, on it’s way to whichever Datacentre is hosting the game you are connecting to.

DONT POST THE OUTPUT HERE. The first couple of IPs can be used to identify your and your location.

My output:

The output is numbered in rows, showing you how many “hops” it takes to get from your PC to the Roblox server instance. The number with “ms” beside shows how many 1000’s of a second it takes to get there. The final row shows your network "ping’ to the server. Anything less than 200 ms is good. Mine isn’t good.

However, I have seen this up in the 2000 ms (ie 2 whole seconds) for some of the intermediary hops in the twlevle99-cust.net network

Let us know what your highest ping is. I just tested and got this trying to connect to MM2:

Your Visit Length appears to be crashing because it is being affected by people who get bored of waiting for the game to load. This is not your problem, but a symptom of bigger issues at Roblox affecting every game I believe. For example:

There’s even an Engine Bug reported, but again, they are ignoring the issue: