High Seas | Wrapping It All Up - Devlog #8

Your game is coming along really smoothly! Great work! Excited for the release!

1 Like

Ha, that’s pretty funny. I’ll fix this error.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I’ll find a solution for this :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ll have to extend it.

Both should be fixed now.

Can you actually take the gold, or just see the prompt?

That’s a bug, whoops!

Thanks for your help, it means a lot!

This is some unintended behavior. Should be resolved as well now.

i think i could just see the prompt, considering i lost a certain amount of gold, ~10 or so. thanks again man

1 Like

I have fixed a toolbar bug where they don’t save when you leave.

I have also fixed an odd behavior - you could spam “block” by right clicking, and be invincible. No longer :slight_smile:

Shovels, once you got rid of them, were impossible to obtain. This was incredibly annoying. So - every time you join, you now have a shovel. Hurrah!

Any other bugs you find, or weird features, I would love to be aware of. Be sure to let me know, thanks!

People who wanted to be notified for Devlogs : @6NJM, @gpz346, @nanosph, @poop347883, @hienlong_phan, @PrismaticShadows, @Lightning_Game27, @Xsticcy

MAJOR gameplay update.

The game felt like it was missing something important, and I finally decided what it was. Players could level up their sword and boat, but after you’ve collected all of the swords, what then? They need more to go after.

In future updates, that more will include armor and a few other fun systems, but they needed something right now. Introducing. . .

Exp + Levels!!!

Exp can be gained from chopping trees, fighting mobs, robbing merchants, etc, etc, etc.

What do levels let you do?
The higher your level, the better loot you can equip. This way, you won’t be able to become OP too quickly. You can find an insane sword, but you need to be a high enough level to use it. There is now better progression through the game.

Levels give you more health! The higher your level, the more health you have. This scales you the longer you go. Eventually, this functionality will be replaced by armor.

Other Improvements
More bugs worked out, Weather system cooled off (it changes a lot less rapidly. Rain is much less common).

Let me know your thoughts. I think this feature is a good one to have - what about you? What should be changed? Thanks :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve reset the datastores. Everything is officially ready for Beta, launching tomorrow 7 am EST (1/15/22)!

As always, please report any and all bugs. I’d like to catch as many as I can before sending it out into the open ocean.

Several bugs found and fixed:

• VIP Axe not showing up in inventory
  • Boat editing not aligning correctly
  • Group chat tag not working
  • Tutorial Skeleton Health bar
  • Tutorial Sword animations
  • Tutorial tools no longer have minecraft textures. :frowning:

Players now start with 120 Wood.

Yes, we have a fan club :sunglasses:
https://www.roblox.com/groups/13713188/High-Seas-Fan-Club#!/about

When first spawned into the game, you aren’t spawned in town. Only until you rejoin or die will you start spawning at the town. This is the same with regeneration. When you are able to regenerate, your health has huge amounts of decimals.

If you tap quick enough, you can rob the NPC’s multiple times.

1 Like

Might be a bug you want to fix

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P1IhC5DQC1k4WqMfuI8RxvtlbG7_HmGW/view?usp=sharing

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 6.35.06 PM

1 Like

I’m looking into this bug, thank you both!

Just a small question, I played again today and it teleported me to the tutorial. Is this intentional or was my data not saved at the time lol

1 Like

I did a datawipe 5 hours ago, to prepare for Beta stage. This should be the last datawipe, my apologies.

Every single game that includes the ocean and something related to pirates will always
Be a 10/10 for me! :slight_smile:
The ocean is amazing! if only Roblox could update their current ocean to look something
Like this it would make my job as a Roblox developer a whole lot easier!
Great Job making this!

(Also the graphics do need a bit of work on the skybox and atmosphere)

1 Like

Thank you so much for your positive feedback @kalet14, it means so much to me!

@ReincarnatedC and @poop347883, I am having trouble reproducing the bug. I use math.round on the number, and I can’t seem to find it breaking. If you have any reproduction steps, that would be great. Thanks :grin:

Edit: Just located it, lol. Should be fixed in new servers. I’m actively hunting down the spam rob npc glitch.

• Spam clicking block makes your character invincible

This both should be resolved as well now.

You are a magician, @Dementomancer

1 Like

I’ve launched an update to make the oceans look prettier/better in general.

Oceans are now better looking. Using simple semi-transparent blue parts across the whole map, it was pretty easy to create this effect.

Only issue is these lines, where the transparent blue parts intercept. Any ideas on how to fix?

Edit: Did some quick searching, changed them to glass material. Not perfect, but it is something.

You can dig through the town and other islands.