Highlights Inside Shaded Buildings

I’m working on a new game using the Future lighting technology. I was building the closet (that’s supposed to be dark and shaded) when I noticed these annoying highlights across the top of the room. This has been an issue for a while now. I read other forum posts about this, and they either just cope with it, or mess with the lighting properties and change the ambient to a lighter colour so that the highlights blend in with the room. None of these solutions are working for me however. I want to keep the lighting looking the same, but just remove these ugly highlights! I really wish Roblox could make a lighting update to stop lighting from leaking through parts like this.

Here is the closet I’m making, and you can see the highlights along the top:

Here are my current lighting properties:
Capture 2

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this, and if they had any ideas of how I could get rid of these highlights. I would really appreciate any suggestions!

SOLUTION:

I have followed the advice from @Driftyzzz and others, and I have successfully managed to get rid of these ugly highlights without making any changes to the lighting!

Shading Example 1.PNG

I simply added large blocks outside of the house, colored them black (0,0,0), placed them over the highlights, and bam! They disappeared! I even set the material to glass, since the reflectiveness blends in with the sky more. Thank you for the help guys! I appreciate it. : 〉

1 Like

My main question is, are you having a planned exterior thing, like outside the building(s). If you aren’t, what you could do is turn the lighting outside to make it dark(er), since the highlights are coming from the sun, assuming its directly overhead. You could also reduce or raise the ClockTime property to make it less noticable. Hope this helped!

I know this is a cheap was of fixing this problem but what you can do is make a box outside of it and make it 0,0,0 in color and it should fix the problem

This most likely means there isn’t a full part blocking the edges from the light. Instead, it’s just an edge there which is the same edge as the corner. If this is the case, I suggest extending the parts outward so this isn’t the case.

You could try changing the brightness to 0, but that would probably affect the rest of the lighting.

Ok, make the blocks thicker, I just learned this 40 mins ago lol. I was gonna make a post about for help.

Yes, I’m having an exterior and there are even windows so you can view outside. So I don’t think changing the ClockTime could help, but thanks for the suggestion!

I don’t really want to mess with the brightness, as it might make the rest of the game look too dim.

I have once tried placing a long, large block above the entire house, and it didn’t seem to help much. I will try this again however, and I will keep in mind all of your ideas (I will make the colour 0,0,0 and I will make it thick and cover as much as I can). Thank you guys for all your suggestions though! I appreciate them.

Yes, that should work. Scale the ceiling up to make it thicker. @OofGamesLord

This has been a common issue for a while, I would not try messing with the lighting setting ‘brightness’ as it has nothing to do with the lighting around the corners. You will need to adjust your walls to have a thicker appearance. Modify the lighting properties ‘ambience - outdoor ambience’ and changing it to something like a grey tone.

If this still happens, you could mess around with the thickness lighting setting and see if you could get rid of the amount of it. Making your walls thicker is a better solution as there isn’t much that can be done.

Here is a relevant question that seems related to what your experiencing;