HightlightDepthMode NOT Blurring during a Disconnection In-Game

Reproduction Steps

1. Open your Roblox Studio application through supported devices;
  2. Select a new baseplate/created sandbox of yours, from a group or being shared (I used the experience of @Viewported, Save the Universe 🤯 | RB BATTLES 🤫 - Roblox);
  3. Insert a new object/select an existing model in the environment;
    2.1. While selecting the object, press + and search for the feature Highlight;
    2.2. As inserting the feature, play with the values in whatever style you want to appear, from the FillColor to OutlineTransparency;
  4. While having the Highlight property activated in the part, choose the DepthMode to either Occluded or AlwaysOnTop (both works);
  5. Publish the current version the place to Roblox Studio and Roblox to make sure it has been saved fully and is capable to view;
  6. Now, go to the Roblox platform and enter the experience;
  7. Be near the model with the following feature and shut down the experience.

Expected Behavior

I expected that, while shutting down all servers, I would see all of the environment’s objects to be blurred.

Actual Behavior
After being near the object, and shutting down in real-time, the DepthMode option, that I chose, seems to be appearing normally:

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-01-15 00:19:30 (UTC-3)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-01-19 00:00:45 (UTC-3)

Specs:

The bug also happens to play the game inside of the Studio engine while shutting down/simply typing through the Command bar or Developer Console game.Players.[PLAYER'S USERNAME]:Kick():

Moreover, it can also occur if you begin to disconnect during your network connection failing to continue working:

3 Likes

Since highlight is suppose to be visible this way, my question would be, when you set the focal blur distance manually, do the highlighted objects still show through or does it blur them in that situation as well, when gameplay is working? If so, more than likely the disconnect screen or kick screen is just setting the same game values and thus what you are seeing is how the system currently works as designed?

Creating both DepthOfField and Blur in the Lighting class, the objects containing the feature Highlight still appears normally in the gameplay (being in the Roblox Game-Client and the Studio engine):

This picture demonstrates in-game the focal blurs being enabled with a custom size while still making the highlight able to see normally without difficulty.

We’ve filled a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information.

Thanks!

5 Likes

I think you found the source of the bug then, seems those highlights are piercing any depth or blur settings, even when the kick screen uses them, etc.

1 Like

Exactly!

()()()()

It seems that the issue has been solved after testing once again:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.