Hinge & spring door issue [Problem]

So I did not know where to put this article so I decided to put it in scripting support. The problem is that my spring door is a second or something behind so then I push it’s not moving before a second or something has passed. It’s a bit weird and hard to explain so I recorded a video.

Building support would probably be a better place :slight_smile:

Of course, it is difficult to understand what the problem may be. But I found a video for you. Part 2.0 shows how to make a Hinge Door . Can you try to make 2 doors on the principle of the video ? You can not delete the old doors, but in the meantime move them somewhere. Here is a video

But in addition to the video, I can give you a few suggestions .

1. Check the distance from the Hinge to the door . Perhaps it is very small and because of this the door opens hard.
  2. Try to reduce the thickness of the door. Perhaps the hinge is not designed to work with thick doors. Although, who knows :wink: this is just my guess

This post is quite old, but if someone is having this issue, you should transfer the door’s Network Ownership to the player that touches it. Use this code:

door.Touched:Connect(function(part)
	local player = game:GetService("Players"):GetPlayerFromCharacter(part.Parent)
	if player then
		door:SetNetworkOwner(player)
	end
end)
1 Like