HingeConstraint Servo not reaching the TargetAngle due to parts falling "asleep"

Upon adjusting the TargetAngle of my HingeConstraint it will start then stop. The parts fall “asleep”. Is there a way to keep them awake?

EDIT: Title,Removed all previous information to explain the proper issue.

https://i.gyazo.com/c21702b2288c9a9ba03c42ea2d8f1a27.mp4

1 Like

Have you tried setting the TargetAngle on the server instead of the client? When you change the value during testing, it is as if the value was changed by a localscript. There may be some interference between the server values and the client values.

1 Like

Yeah, I have made sure to test that. It ended up pausing still.

1 Like

And you’re sure that there are no other forces which may be interfering with the HingeConstraint?

1 Like

There shouldn’t be anything interacting with the hinge. The model is welded to the ground. At first I figured it may be the ground causing it. I lifted the model into the air and that didn’t help either.

1 Like

As far as I know you should have a base welded to the ground with a Servo HingeConstraint on it, then the rest of the moving cannon should be Unanchored so that it will move.
Hard to tell if that’s what you have going on from the short clip.
Also if you have Unions they may not be colliding as shown so they may be catching on other items. One way in Studio in the Model tab is to check the Show Collisions box to see where Parts are interacting with each other during Testing.

1 Like