Hints and Messages Disappear for no reason?

So, the problem I’m experiencing is that a hint is disappearing from the workspace for no reason - no clue why. Trying to add it back, wont work regardless if published. Why?

2 Likes

You provided too little information about your game. Hints and messages do not disappear automatically.

2 Likes

It’s located in the workspace. I don’t even know why it does disappear - clueless. No scripts in my game even remove the hint first of all.

Then it is possible that one of your plugins is doing that.

2 Likes

Ill try delete all plugins. see if it works.

I’m gonna check if it doesnt exist, then remake the object.

Next time you’re making a post like this try to include screenshots or a more detailed report about your problem. This will both help you to get your answer quicker and we are able to help you with your issue really fast.

3 Likes

Okay.

To shorten it, add a hint, publish the game, it disappears entirely.

thats because hints can no longer be created normally, since they’re deprecated. because of this, they disappear every time you try to create them. instead, you have to create hints inside a script for it to not disappear.

2 Likes

Check if the Hint’s Archivable property is set to true. An instance won’t save if it’s Archivable property is set to false.

@Drewel112233 They’ve always been creatable normally. A script isn’t required here. Deprecated objects aren’t auto-removed by Roblox, that would break a ton of old games.

3 Likes

Sorry to bump my thread, but drew isn’t right as far as I know. I had to make sure if it didnt appear in the game, it recreates it thus keeping the game working.