HintService 2.9.5 (Discontinued) | Legacy hints reimagined, customizable, straight-forward, and simple

Most likely not. I will be changing the api quite a bit, but it it still should be easy to switch over to the new stuff.

Sometimes it is better to add in backwards compatibility, even if it’s a lot of work to do so. Try creating an API interpreter that’s compatible with the old version if possible.

I can’t wait for the new version!

1 Like

What is this exactly? I would love to include it seems helpful.

It’s basically a conversion module that can turn calls with the old API to the new API.

1 Like

Yeah I will be adding this, but you should still migrate to the new one unless your entire codebase relies on this one and will be hard to change.

Just want to ask: any other new features you want? I will be adding hint metadata as a feature by the way.

Perhaps scheduled hints (if the module does not already include this)?

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I am starting to begin work on HintService2! It should be done (at least) in the coming weeks.

@SubtotalAnt8185

1 Like

No way

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Any updates on HintService2?
It has been nearly 2 months since we’ve heard anything about HintService2
Still excited though :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah I haven’t started lol. I have a lot of stuff on my plate right now, especially school, also the lack of motivation and energy. Been taking a break from the internet for a bit and just playing Minecraft all day; it’s been a big stress reliever. It should be here by at most mid may. Stay tuned.

And of course, thanks to all of you for the large amount of support in recent times.

1 Like

Well everyone, were gonna start working on it. Since the time I said I was, I have gained lots of motivation. @mxthedev @SubtotalAnt8185 @BIGHEAD_RIPOFF

The new API will feature our current revamped UIShelf API, according to the hint. UIShelf | CanaryEngine

1 Like

Has UIShelf been added to Canary? I haven’t seen the module in Replicated Packages

It’s currently an internal library, EngineClient.Libraries, but I plan to make it a standalone in the engine client package folder, just like hintservice. This way you can use it everywhere.

1 Like

Should HintService be renamed to Snacky? Please share your thoughts.

I think this is a very good name! you should name it that

1 Like

You should also make one called Toaster that displays toast notifications.

2 Likes

Just wanna let everyone know I plan on releasing Snacky tonight!

2 Likes

Could you please explain more on what broadcast does in the module?

Snacky is the replacement for this and has proper documentation. Snacky - An Efficient Way to Show Snackbar Hints