[HIRING ($1000 USD & % Rev.)] Experienced Programmers needed for Project Pacifica!

The Electric State: Pacifica - Seeking an Experienced Scripter

To any professional scripters, please consider helping us make this ambitious game a success.

The Electric State: Pacifica team is looking for an additional talented scripter to help us take our much-anticipated survival game to the next level. This position is being remotely offered to applicants ages 16 and older.

Game Trailer:

There’s our 16k by 16k stud map by the way, many details are obscured due to the distance picture was taken at, please inquire for more.

About Us

We are an extremely driven and professional development team that has put months of work and dedication into completing our project, which is expected to release in late February. We have an incredible amount of progress on the game’s development. Our games release is being eagerly awaited by a community of supporters from other Electric State genre games, with a discord server of over 400 supporters. The game is based on a book written by Swedish author and artist Simon Stålenhag, a dystopian society taking place in 90s California. We hope to find talented and professional candidates who are motivated to expedite the scripting process, bring new ideas to the table and are invested in making the game better overall.

@DreadNautical Development Manager & Director
@DreadNautical Map Designer & Builder
@ProspektNova - Programmer
Vacant - Additional Programmer
Vacant - Additional Programmer
@Heatian123 Prop Maker
@ScytheSlayin Animator
@ScholarOfZoghoLargo - Additional Prop Maker
@chenami - UI Desginer
@Monophony - Soundtrack Artist
@dozino - Trailer and video Artist

The Job

We’re looking for a programmer to join our team and essentially complete the core scripting regarding game mechanics. This job is fully remote and you are able to work from anywhere. Preferably we are seeking those with professional experience as a ROBLOX developer. It is preferable that you can work anywhere from 10 hours a week or more.

Pay: $1,000 USD (or robux equivalent), as well as a to be determined percentage of total game revenue based on your contributions to the team during development and after release.

Responsibilities

• Create and implement gameplay code in aspects of a survival game such as inventory systems, territory systems, weapons, data stores, etc based off of the plan we’ve layed out.
  • Fix bugs and make improvements to existing code as necessary
  • Communicate with other programmers and developers on the team

Requirements

• Highly experienced with LUA, Roblox Studio, and Roblox API
  • Familiar with Object-Oriented Programming
  • Must be 16+ years old
  • Must speak fluent English

Preferably is familiar with
Visual studio, rojo, or Github

We’re looking for someone who is…

• Accountable, responsible, and trustworthy
  • Passionate about game development
  • Willing to share their own creative ideas
  • Able to learn and adjust to new workflows and methods
  • Able to laugh, have fun, and enjoy the process

Progress

The game features a complete, massive, and detailed map based off of Simon Stålenhag’s artwork and story designed and built by me (DreadNautical):

Stålenhag's artwork:

Build Comparisons:

c195b703c9caf4ebe391ba32443977b7-png (1)

The game also has some various scripting assets already made, many unique props, tools and weapons created by various contributors:

Props

proppic1

And much more, if we included every picture the post would be too long.

How To Apply
Make sure to send:

• Any resume / portfolio you may have.
  • Examples of work you’ve made, either code or examples of what the code does.
  • Any previous games you’ve worked on before.
  • Anything else that you’re proud of and think would impress us!

Contact Us

You can contact me by either replying here, on discord (preferred) via DreadNautical#7764

Thanks for reading!

We look forward to hearing from you! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello all, I know this post circulated a few weeks ago. We are reopening it to applications due to a recent opening in our positions. All of the details listed are still up to date. Thank you for your interest! :slight_smile:

Hello, I contacted you on discord and my name is Nv#2008 . I am looking forward to talking with you!

1 Like

Noo way my fav game on roblox has another project yessss

1 Like

Assuming your talking about Electric State Dark RP, we are not the same studio as they are. However this game is based off of the same genre and will have a completely different focus.

Still looks bloody amazing hopefully will be played alot

1 Like

Thank you, we appreciate that! We expect to have tons of servers filled with players after release.

Hello,

Would the scripter be able to use roblox-ts? I’m asking because I’m interested, but, would prefer using roblox-ts if possible.

Also, what’s the difference between a regular scripter and a lead scripter for the team? The responsibilities listed are to me the same as a position for a regular scripter.

Thank you for your interest,

Our existing codebase is already in Lua with Aero game framework, so we’re looking to stick to that. As for your other question, the difference would be that as your title as leader implies, you are responsible for laying out the game and ultimately directing the other scripter(s) you will work with in the right direction. That is why we are looking for someone who will be extremely loyal, driven and professional.

1 Like

I’ve had some nightmares coming onto some other projects with code already in place.
More specifically, I come onto a project and the code is all over the place with random variable names and no comments. Will this be the case with this, or is the code fairly organized?
(May be a dumb question, but just going onto that project to help with an update was a mess.)

1 Like

I can imagine. However our code is well organized so far. Consider that if it is also deemed necessary, its organization can be redone if our lead scripter chooses to do so, we do not have a massive amount of working code in place yet. We would be willing to show you some specific examples privately if you feel that’s necessary.

1 Like

I Trust other people’s word when it comes to developing, so you don’t have to do that.
I do have a portfolio, but that hasn’t been updated since 2019. I don’t include the person’s name that I worked for in the project mentioned above for their privacy; that and they weren’t the ones that did the code that I had to update (from what I know that was done by a previous scripter who left). It also doesn’t include the most recent person I worked with, there’s a story to that one as well. if you’re interested in more of any of the things that I mentioned, I’m willing to share that in a PM with you.

The hours listend on my portfolio are considerably different than what I would be available for now. I do have a part-time job to pay for my gas and car insurance so I can get to school. I would probably be able to do 2-3 hours a day atm.

Feel free to contact me for more info, I’m interested in the project. My Discord is StackableGold#8197 (I haven’t changed my discord username, so that should match what I have in my porfolio). No matter what, I wish you all a good journey.

1 Like

Thank you for your interest, I’ve added you

1 Like

Wait Wait… Is this like a fighting game or like hunting? Something. Please explain to me what this is. I would love to help

Portfolio: [OPEN] OozyMage's Portfolio

Discord: Oozy#6774