As a video and podcast editor for BanTech Systems, you’ll spend around 5 hours per week producing audio and video content using supplied recordings and storyboards.
You’ll be working with us to produce an exciting new content schedule starting in October, including:
- A ramp up of Beyond The Blox episodes recorded live for a small audience and later edited to publish on podcast listening platforms and YouTube.
- New YouTube series’ covering technical topics to help aspiring game developers on Roblox.
- Sneak peeks and behind the scenes videos for our current Roblox projects.
- Occasional Roblox gaming and game review videos.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Taking rough audio recordings from a 60-minute live recording session and turning it into podcast episodes of ~30 minutes length.
- Taking short video clips, a storyboard / shot list, and a voiceover recording to produce videos for YouTube.
- Working with our graphic designer to produce video thumbnails and in-video graphics to support the video or podcast topics.
- Identifying and cutting short extracts from podcast episodes that can be shared on social media.
Your ideal starting date would be around mid-October, though you’ll need to be available for planning work and discussions a few weeks prior.
Once you start, you’ll need to commit to providing at least 5 hours a week to preparing podcast episodes and videos as per a schedule we’ll create together.
You will need to be able to:
- Use commercial video editing software efficiently to create 10-30 minute-long videos with multiple scenes. (We can provide a software licence or you can use your own).
- Use audio editing software to cut ~60 minutes of audio into a clean 30 minute episode that flows well, with noise removed, and audio compressed.
- Act autonomously to cut unwanted audio and mistakes from the recordings and ensure the story flows without needing constant direction.
- Organise your work well to ensure that any requested adjustments are easy to make, and no content is lost or deleted.
- Use high speed internet to download raw recordings and footage, and upload exported videos and audio.
- Be creative in editing video, such that the viewer remains engaged visually and can follow the topic easily.
- Work to deadlines to ensure the content schedule is adhered to, and record your own worked hours accurately.
You will also need:
- A bank account which accepts payments from the UK or a PayPal account.
- To be at least 16 years old as of 1 October 2021.
If you’re interesting in applying, please apply via our recruitment hub:
We’ll be reviewing applications around the start of September.