Hitting "Bad Request 400" error page consistently

Can you try entering the website on a VPN, or under a new computer? Generally an IP ban has http_response_code(403); so I think we can rule that out. You are receiving a 400, a HyperText Transfer Protocol.

“400 Bad Request response status code indicates that the server cannot or will not process the request due to something that is perceived to be a client error (e.g., malformed request syntax, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing)” (Source 1)

Personally, I think this is just an issue with Roblox. They seem to be falsely denying access, or your access is thwarted by an error in their system.

PS: If you were IP banned, they would terminate your Roblox account too to prevent using a VPN and getting right back on the same account, and seeing that I can access your profile, you seem to be fine.

Looking through the answers, sleitnick seems to have the good clue. You have an alternative account posting content that was moderated. Maybe Roblox has a bot heuristic to block IPs that follow that pattern. I seriously believe your problem will be fixed in a day or two though.

About the audio moderation I know this is hard, but is part of the process. Based on the number of user, Roblox is essentially a user generated big data company now, like Twitter and Facebook. And they all share a similar problem of validating user content. Facebook and Twitter have entire teams with the best Ai minds in the world essentially trying to solve fake news (moderation of user generated content) and we all know how this is going. I know is frustrating, but we have to accept that a non ideal moderation system will not be going away anytime soon. From my experience, try to reach out in the support, sometimes they revert back on a image/audio moderation. Worst case scenario you have your suboptimal audio already available and players will have to accept it lol.

I’m currently using an VPN to access the site as well. I got the same error message and a runtime error from google chrome but it doesn’t look like the one you got. I haven’t uploaded any asset nor got a warning about any assets on my profile when I logged on this morning. This is most likely a bug and should be fixed within a day or so. For now, I’m just going to have to use a VPN to access the site.

We had an issue affecting a small number of our servers that caused users to be sent to the Bad Request page.

This should be resolved now, is this issue still happening?

5 Likes

It still happens for me. I’m going to use a VPN for now and let you know if it’s still happening tomorrow morning.

I reproduced your issue, can you try again in 5 minutes? We made one more additional change to refresh the servers that were causing trouble.

4 Likes

i dont think you would be able to get on the devforum if you were ip banned as it is under the roblox domain, seems like a site bug.

This isn’t totally true. One time I was hacked, and unable to login, and I still had full access to the Developer Forums even though I was signed out on the main site. However, I was convinced this was more of a bug than a hacking. Let’s hope ROBLOX addresses this issue.

edit This was a little while ago, and I’m fine now.

if you were compromised, you either wouldn’t be able to login on ROBLOX, or be terminated (which you can still go to the devforum and use alternate accounts)
if they blocked your ip from accessing the site, then you should’t be able to access any webpage of the roblox.com domain. this is just a bug that will take some time to fix. give it a bit, and after like at most 3 days then take this to a newer level.

1 Like

It looks fixed. I’ll let you know if it happens again.

3 Likes

I just wanna say a good rule of thumb is if you don’t know if you’re ip banned or not, you aren’t.

Its hard as heck to get ip banned on roblox (well, as long as you aren’t uploading condos) for an assortment of reasons, so there’s no chance it’s an ip ban.

If you have an ip ban, there is outright no way you wouldn’t know why

1 Like

I’m surprised to even hear that Roblox might still be using IP bans.

Most people don’t even have a static IPv4 address, and another significant number of user could be behind carrier-grade NAT. Afflicting an IP ban upon one user could inadvertently ban hundreds in this day and age.

3 Likes

Based on which staff post? It looks like this was just a bad server issue and people were having consistent issues due to something like being sticky-IP’d to the bad servers.

4 Likes

Yeah. That would not make very much sense to use IP bans as Dynamic IPs are constantly changing. Maybe they should use a MAC ban or something.

1 Like

MAC addresses are easily changed, imo industry standard is cooking up some form of hardware ID ban. In Roblox’s case since a lot of what goes on is through the web and not via the application IP bans make sense. Take the example of a clothing or trade botter, their MAC address or hardware serials are never exposed to Roblox so the only options are browser/user fingerprinting or IP bans.

A Hardware ID ban would be cool and effective. It would relieve a lot of Roblox’s stress with trollers.

DevForum is under a separate domain anyways, if you try ping roblox.com and devforum.roblox.com in CMD, devforum.roblox.com will show an address when it tries to ping which is mostly random letters and DevForum will ping faster (around 29ms, comparable to Google) than Roblox.com (around 118ms, comparable to AOL). That’s all the evidence you need to tell you that it’s under a different domain.

no offense but i have no cool what any of that means lol.
then again you have a lot of other subdomains under roblox.com.
roblox.com, devforum.roblox.com, talent.roblox.com, status.roblox.com, web.roblox.com, en.help.roblox.com, blog.roblox.com, corp.roblox.com, developer.roblox.com, education.roblox.com, wiki.roblox.com, and way to many loaders/cookies/bandwith subs. Then you also have all of the testing sites with robloxlabs com. The point is that most are under the same provider, at least it would make sense.

Hence the “might”. While this used to be common practice in the early days of Roblox, I’m pretty sure this practice was discontinued.

1 Like

If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

1 Like