Holding backspace doesn't delete multiple letters

I’m having an issue with the in-game Roblox chat. In the past, when I hold the backspace key (delete on mac) the selection box would delete multiple letters after a brief wait between them.
Example:
https://gyazo.com/2b7bca4b2c8b51160d25d5545f415bd4

Currently, when I try to hold delete in chat, it will only delete one letter.
Here’s me holding the key three times:
https://gyazo.com/15a882aee5255ecf2b9214a66608dec3
Only three letters were deleted.

These are my computer stats:
34%20PM

I have joined multiple games and it appears that this bug is persistent throughout all of them.

Some other PC users have told me they experience something similar when holding down the delete/backspace key in TextBoxes other than the chat.

23 Likes

This happened to me and my friend throughout multiple games. It seems the problem may be TextBoxes?

I also experienced this issue.

I experienced this for the first time in Catalog Heaven, and I don’t like it, I sure hope we’ll be able to delete multiple letters again when we make typos.

We recently enabled textbox selection copy and paste. While we are looking into better solution for this, could you use mouse selection + delete/backspace temporary instead…? It might be faster and more precise too.

Thanks for your concern, but why was this feature added? It seems quite annoying.

1 Like

If you want to delete faster, you can hold CTRL & backspace. I use it a lot as it is faster than holding backspace to delete.

People like me are looking for that one bug to be fixed where every text box will delete an entire word of characters on one backspace press. It’s being annoying, but is that bug being worked on yet?

EDIT: I’m likely to be off-topic, but eh I’m curious.

They fixed it, we can now delete multiple letters again.

Thank you guys for your patience. We have turned off the flag that is causing this issue.

3 Likes

Might be an unrelated issue, but sometimes characters don’t appear as you type them and you have to hold the key down a bit. Asked around and seems like others are also affected.

This bug is still happening in live servers as of today’s update.

5 Likes

I am also re-experiencing it. They just re-added the new selection system so I assume it’s a very similar issue to last time.

3 Likes

We’re having some trouble reproducing this one. Can you post (or DM me) your system information (OS, specs, etc.) and Roblox client version? You can see the Roblox client version in the help tab of the in-game escape menu on PC clients.

We’re running into chat system issues and the above backspace problem in live servers.

Let me know if you would like any additional information and I’ll get it sent over asap.

3 Likes

This happened to me. :frowning:

The issue is definitely due to the changes to TextBoxes, and it only happens in live servers, as was previously noted. Backspace functions as expected in Studio.

I am experiencing this, too. Only in live servers (not studio). I notice it happening in the Console and Chat.

Client/Server version is 0.394.0.322464 - Windows 10

We’ve disabled the feature responsible for this. Thanks for the reports, everyone!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.