Holding Tools/Items as a custom model

Hello, I’m currently just testing a few things as I’m pretty new to coding and I’ve encountered an issue that I haven’t seen before. I’ve made it so my character is a custom model (A goose) and you can play as this model, however, when I try to pick up items or hold items, they simply don’t appear or seem to work. Is it because my model doesn’t have specific parts to make the game recognize I’m holding something? I really just don’t understand why and it would be greatly appreciated to get some help.

Here’s an image of my custom model and an example of when I try to hold an object, it doesn’t appear.

Here’s what my model is made out of

1 Like

This will probably be because tools are usually held in the RightHand. As you don’t have a RightHand it won’t appear.

I am not 100% sure on this but I presume this is the reason why. If anyone can correct me or agree with me that would be great.

Ah, I see thank you. Is there a way to make my model have a right hand? Like rename a part or add a new one?

Adding a part could fix this. Once again, I am not 100% sure.

Would I add a part attached to the model titled “RightHand”? If so, unfortunately, it doesn’t work :frowning:

I would just do a part instead of a model. I doubt it will work but it’s all I can think of.

I appreciate the help, but adding a part didn’t fix it.

1 Like