Holiday Developer Game Jam 2020!

On my end it is still asking for a place file. Is there a new survey link? I’m clicking the one in your solution.

6 Likes

Does this mean we have to submit before the 30th? Can we submit on the 30th? If we have to submit before the 30th, is there a specific timezone when the applications will close?

8 Likes

Are we allowed to make hotfixes to our game after we submit? Or is it locked and we’ll be disqualified if we do.

3 Likes

The deadline for this event is really close and we still can’t upload our games via a link :c

6 Likes

It is still saying to me that I have to upload a place file! Please fix this soon as tomorrow is the deadline and I’m sure there is going to be and issue with my British timezone! Help! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I have a great game, but its not really functioning. Its more of just screenshots, see here: What are you working on currently? (2020) - #47 by Hadiisepic and Sannine Zenith Ski Resort. Would I be eligible to really enter?

1. You should have done a survey with a list of you and other people that made the game, but you had to do that on December 5th.
  2. Its a game jam, you have been working on that game for over a year, so it wouldn’t count, (I think).
1 Like

Ah shame. Would of been awesome to.

I hope it’s just a link to the game itself, and, I also need to know whether its due today or tmr cause i dont see a submit form here

1 Like

This has been very vague. I have tried contacting Developer Engagement for this but have received no reply. At what time on December 30th will the applications close? This is very unclear and I would like to have more transparent answers. If anyone responsible for managing this game jam is reading this, please give us an answer.

2 Likes

The question should be changed to upload a link now. If you are still experiencing issues, please attach the link to Question 6, where it asks for Additional Notes.

Submissions will close tomorrow evening, December 30, 2020 at 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time.

22 Likes

What if someone quit the team and didn’t work on the game? I don’t want to put their username on the list.

1 Like

I asked this same question. I was told to add that they did not contribute in the notes section of the submissions.

3 Likes

Are we allowed to update our game already? When i submitted a survey i gave a place file, but now me and my team find some things that we forgot to add on file i gave. (I also provided a link to game place so there should be no problems with testing if game works i guess)

We also have already planned some updates and i want to know if we are allowed to publish them when we done? Or can we at least publish bug fixes if we found any?

Edit: One more question i submitted before the change about linking game and not uploading place file was made, should i submit again or its okay?

1 Like

What if we already uploaded a zip file, or we uploaded a zip through a link?

1 Like

If you submitted the survey without a link to your game, please resubmit your survey. If you added a link to your game in the “Additional Notes” section, there is no need to resubmit.

8 Likes

@Pirate_Treasure and @Moxyll The survey is currently broken it says an error occurred? My group and I worked hard on our game. Can you please extend the date more? I’m sure others are having the same problem.

1 Like

Please extend the date, the survey is broken for me.

1 Like

Last night (GMT zone) my team finished our gamejam entry, but we couldn’t publish our changes to the game (persumabley because of the Roblox downtime that occured?) on the website and we’ve just done it this morning (around an hour after the deadline). Will this effect our entry at all?

2 Likes

What are the rules regarding post-deadline updates? My team would like to continue working on our game for our own sake, but not if it means disqualifying ourselves.

3 Likes