Holiday Developer Game Jam 2020!

What are the rules regarding post-deadline updates? My team would like to continue working on our game for our own sake, but not if it means disqualifying ourselves.

3 Likes

You guys should be good to update the game as long as the game link itself doesn’t change!

5 Likes

Just to clarify, we are allowed to publish updates to the game before January 8th? Or are you saying that we can continue to work on the game under a differnt place / file?

3 Likes

Hey there, I’m either misunderstanding the rules or they seem to have been changed. With allowing teams to update the game, With it currently being unclear what the rules are, this puts could put a new pressure on my team to continue to add new content to our work to compete with the rest of the teams. Just thought I would share feedback that this should be made more clear on the front end of the competition - thanks for your consideration. :hidere:

3 Likes

I think you are not allowed to update the place, her last message was a bit vague and we still need it to be clarified properly. We don’t want our projects to be disqualified just because we misunderstood a message.

3 Likes

Hey guys, sorry for the miscommunication. I’ve been getting a lot of questions about people needing to fix minor bugs, or publish the game publicly rather than privately, which is fine. I’m going to go ahead and say that major modifications to gameplay after December 30th isn’t allowed, but if it’s something minor that won’t affect gameplay much then feel free to add that in.

13 Likes

Apparently i accidently had auto recovery on, and now the game says it updated on the 3rd, will that get us disqualified?

I’m assuming they’ll be fairly lenient with game updates considering the misunderstanding. And minor changes are fine. For example, yesterday I updated our game’s description because it had typos, so now it says it was updated yesterday. I think they understand this.

1 Like

Hey developers,

Hope you had a great holiday season! We have been going through all your amazing submissions to see the fun, wintery wonders you’ve created. We got an unprecedented amount of submissions, so we need a bit of extra time to make sure we’ve looked through each and every game.

This means that results for the Holiday Developing Challenge will be postponed until next week, on Wednesday, January 13, 2021.

We understand that you’re eager to hear the results, but please bear with us! We want every game to have a chance to be played fully, so we can see all the incredible creations!

Thanks!
Moxyll

36 Likes

ik i am very very late so i had filled up for game jam and stuff but i was expecting some kind of a form to open up to submit my game

but i was rather clueless

is there any chance to submit the game now? if yes then how? just posting it as cool creations in the forum?

1 Like

There was a link posted December 11th by @Moxyll that had an opportunity for you to attach your game as well as re-attach your group, however since you missed the deadline for game submission (December 30th, as stated in the announcement post) there is now no way for you to submit your game.

3 Likes

I think you lost the opportunity. Sadly enough, i don’t think they’ll let you submit now since it was stated theyll have you fill out a form.

2 Likes

I just filled the form which entered me in the game jam, nevertheless i couldn’t fill the one in which i had to submit my game

1 Like

What do you mean? You entered when its already voting time? Sorry i dont understand

I am sorry for being unclear previously,
i meant i had entered the game jam the day it was announced but due to some issues i couldnt send my game through the link in the given time

1 Like

Literally so excited to see the results! Is the participation certificate like a trophy for our avatars, that would be wicked cool! :smiley:

3 Likes

Should we still expect results tonight? It’s beginning to get late for some of the east coast and international folks on my team and we’re really excited to see the results. Thanks.

Update: Results are live! Holiday Developer Game Jam 2020 - Update!

6 Likes

I was wondering the same thing

Where do I get my participation certificate?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.