Holiday Developer Game Jam 2020 - Update!

Hey developers,

Firstly, I’d like to thank you all for participating in our first ever Holiday Developer Game Jam Challenge! It was incredible to see what everyone could put together in just one month’s time, and we thoroughly enjoyed playing all of your games.

Now, it’s time to announce our top placing contestants for the challenge!

1. Snowballer by WhoseTrade, DevSpec, and Paraspec
  2. Snowy Showdown Battle Royale by UncodePvP, Alxzile, Mz6n, and BeastyBlake101
  3. The Tale of Christmas Eve by PatPoz, Developer_Hidden, and XxDestroyerKidxx

Our Honorable Mentions are Christmas Chaos and Santa’s Workshop!

Thank you so much to everyone who participated, it’s thanks to all of you that our first Holiday Developer Game Jam Challenge was an incredible success! Keep an eye out for future similar events coming up soon! All participants will be receiving a Certificate of Participation by the end of the week.

Happy developing to all, and to all a good night!

145 Likes

Congratulations to all who participated!! Especially to @WhoseTrade:eyes: I had a team of four which began but sadly did not finish before the deadline… but it was a fun experience!

I hope that there are many more game jams like this in the near future. I’ll definitely participate in future game jams. Anyways, well done to everyone! :snowman:

If you’re curious, I did the terrain work in the game… here was the map!

33 Likes

I sadly didn’t get to participate, as I found out about the game jam after the the time to enter was over. I hope I can participate next time. Congrats to the winners!

8 Likes

Congrats to everyone! I hope we have more of these, it’s a awesome way for devs to cooperate and try to collectively win a prize!

6 Likes

Wow, suprising results, I expected another team to win (I forgot the members), congratulations to everyone who won!

6 Likes

Thank you so, so, so, much for hosting this game jam! It was an extremely notable experience, and I made a lot of new friends along the way. :pray::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

18 Likes

:smile:

Thanks for selecting our entry as the winner! The whole team enjoyed participating in this, and we look forward to what’s next!

27 Likes

Congratulations, man! Great game!

3 Likes

Wow, this is awesome! The challenge was super fun, thanks for the opportunity!

11 Likes

Congrats to everyone who participated! It was especially difficult this year, but the sheer talent in the community is indestructible.

Seriously, putting a whole game together in a matter of hours is beyond my imagination–awesome job to everyone!

9 Likes

Wow! I can’t believe it - we got 2nd place! Congratulations to all the winners! To the rest of the competitors, it was a great pleasure exploring and playing all your games! Happy new year to everyone.

12 Likes

Congratulations to everyone who participated in this hope to see another one game jam this year, and i’m seeing pretty amazing games here!

1 Like

Congratulations to everyone who participated!
This event was fun to participate in and I hope more events like this are held in the future!

2 Likes

The original DevForum post announcing the Holiday Game Jam makes mention of the top 10 contestants being announced - has this changed since the original post was made, or will the remaining 5 in the top 10 be announced subsequently?

10 Likes

Thanks for picking our game as an honorable mention! Congrats to everyone who won!

2 Likes

Congratulations to all the winners! The end products look great!

4 Likes

How do we check our scores? We put a TON of work in ours so i’d like to know what score we got :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Congratulations, everyone! So happy to see Santa’s Workshop chosen as an Honorable Mention! This was a fun experience for our team, and very educational! Nice work, all!

4 Likes

Congratulations to the winners!

Thank you for hosting this game jam! Me and my team had a lot of fun working on our game. We did end up running out of time towards the end, but it was still a good experience.

The team I was in is: @WooleyWool, @Sorevix, @RabbyDevs, @Nabeel01, @MetroBL0X, and myself

8 Likes

Congrats to the winners as well as the developers that participated in that game jam.

3 Likes