Home Page Displays Old Username

When visiting the home page on the mobile app, I’m called ItsMacaw instead of the expected M_caw.

I changed my name 9 days ago, but for some reason the home page still thinks I’m called ItsMacaw.

Exiting and re-opening the application does not fix the problem, nor does reloading the home page itself.

Is this an isolated incident? Is anyone else experiencing this?

The bug only happens when I’m on the home page. It displays my name as M_caw for my profile, friends list, etc.

I only noticed this today.

Repro: Visit the home page > Check your display name. Make sure it’s been changed from what is previously was.

4 Likes

I changed my username two days ago and it’s fine for me. Maybe because the difference is that it logged me out of my mobile app… Did it log you out when you changed your username? If not, did you try to do that?

Edit: so I went into the mobile app and I did have my old username Even tho it did originally log me out. Re-logging on my own seemed to work.

Software: iOS 13.6.1

1 Like

Yes, log out and back in.
I just did that to change my avatar’s look since I hadn’t logged out for months and it was still the old image.

1 Like

Thanks! After logging out and logging back in, the home page displayed my name as M_caw.

Nonetheless, I still feel like this should be looked into. Updating your name, that is, without having to log out.

Last I checked, Roblox auto-updated your avatar when you changed it, no? Having to log out every time would get really annoying, and I don’t think that’s the case.

If it is an uncatched bug, then consider making a separate bug report? Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That seems to be a separate issue than the wrong username display. I suggest making another post on that.

1 Like

Wasn’t claiming it was an issue @UnknownZeal, was just saying that if you change your Roblox info or avatar, you need to log out of the devforum to have your info/avatar updated here.

That is still something completely different than what we were talking about

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.