Horizontal scroll w/ mouse wheel breaks camera zoom and instead tilts camera

Still ongoing. I just use Logi Options+ to change my side wheel as zoom in/out and I just ended up gotten used to it now.

3 Likes

Still encountering this issue with an M650 on a Mac. The only way I can zoom in or out is by pressing “I” or “O” on my keyboard — there are no workarounds using the mouse.

I also am experiencing this a long time now. Mac user and experiencing same bug regardless if i use the native mac mouse or my Logitech wireless. I also now use the workaround of setting the side mouse button for zoom and hold it down while scrolling wheel to zoom. Otherwise its keyboard only zoom.

Is there still no fix/workaround to this besides substituting the scroll wheel with “I” and “O” on the keyboard? I’m currently using the Logitech MX Master 2S, and have had this issue persist for over 2 years. It’s incredibly strange as the scroll wheel works perfectly fine in ROBLOX studio, and when driving cars in certain games.

1 Like

From 2017 to early 2019, I used a MacBook Pro to play Roblox. I experienced none of these problems and moved to a Lenovo laptop from then until recently and I’ve moved back to using a MacBook Pro.

I had encountered this issue once in the past when the problem first became relevant. I believed this issue was fixed since then (keep in mind this was around late 2019, early 2020) but I was sadly proven wrong upon returning to MacOS this year.

It is disappointing that this issue has not been fixed in 3 years since it was first reported. I hope it is fixed sooner than later as it is annoying to play games like Jailbreak which features a sprinting system, and you can zoom and out (in theory on a Mac) and shoot and kill other players. This issue interferes with gameplay in not just Jailbreak, but other games as well that include a system that includes shift and scroll combinations.

2 Likes

This still doesn’t work to this day.

My MX Master 3 STILL has the same issue on my 2020 M1 Mac Mini

It makes games unplayable. Mice with horizontal wheels aren’t uncommon!

1 Like

I have found a hacky fix for this on Mac… i disabled the Logitech software for my mouse and just connect it with bluetooth and let the native Mac mouse software handle the controls and I have gotten back my zoom ability with the scroll wheel.

This is still an issue. I switched to a new mouse today, and my new one allows me to scroll horizontally. What do you know, first game I play (Plates of Fate) the camera breaks due to the horizontal scrolling. Due to this I’m switching back to my old mouse.

This is still occuring on Mac over one year later. Could this please be prioritized?

3 Likes

Is this still happening on mac? I can’t repro on mac with logitech G502… Anyone with other types of mouse can repro?

1 Like

I can confirm this still happens on Mac using “Logitech MX Anywhere 3 For Mac” mouse.

On an empty baseplate it works as intended… scrolling zoom works with mouse wheel.

In many games however, it pans the camera up and down rather than zooms… can be repro in Sharkbite 2:

This is still happening on Mac using many Logitech Mice.

The strange thing is this bug is not present when playing a game in studio.

1 Like

Experiencing this issue with MX Master 3 on Mac.

Any fix available?

1 Like

Yup this is still occuring for me as well. Please fix!

4 Likes

Bump- this is a seriously annoying bug that still hasn’t been fixed.

3 Likes

Bump, I use a Mac and I’m forced to only use I/O keys to zoom in and out, holding control or command doesn’t work either :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Still an issue- someone please help!

For anyone having this issue on Mac, uninstalling Logi+ Options and then restarting fixed it for me. You lose the ability to remap your keys however. I am using the Logi M720

Tested on M1 Pro Macbook

Holding shift down on a Macbook Pro M2 and scrolling messes up my camera and pans right and left. I have a RedDragon mouse.

There was apparently supposed to be a fix in late February of 2020 but no one’s heard anything from Staff I don’t think since. I just bumped that post & comment.