Horizontal scroll w/ mouse wheel breaks camera zoom and instead tilts camera

Will this ever be fixed? It’s been going on since December and nothing is being done to fix it.

14 Likes

I face the same issue, this has been going on for a while now.

Still happening to me… my mouse is a Razer Abyssus V2

Still happening to me.
I’m on a Logitech M720 and a 2018 MacBook Pro running the latest version of Big Sur.
Both on Roblox and Roblox Studio.

1 Like

Also, to add on, when holding shift and scrolling on a scrolling frame, such as a player list, the scrolling frame will move horizontally instead of vertically.

3 Likes

It’s now December 2020, and this thread started in December 2019. I hope this issue gets fixed, this halts my games. I’m using a Logitech M310.

9 Likes

January 2021, and this issue still occurs. Really hoping this gets fixed.

5 Likes

Join a game where this is not a problem, then join back into the game you first played. I just join Jailbreak when it happens to me then I go back to the game i was first playing. But you have to do this process everytime you trigger the glitch.

3 Likes

Good solution, but imagine you are inside an event and this happens to you in-game.

My solution is using an application to hold down the control key (command on mac) for me.

3 Likes

Does the Magic Mouse still have the problem where it is panning around your camera instead of zooming in/out? Hopefully they have found a way to fix it. (I currently use a Logitech G502)

2 Likes

I’ve run across this issue on Mobile and PC Games recently, forcing me to reboot the whole game, so i cant say if it has been fixed or not.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve found using Logitech Options to disable or swap functions of Horizontal scroll was a viable solution for developing on my macOS Big Sur devices.

3ec00f284d8cbab3c540ccb7f26bd399

3 Likes

I hate to bump the topic again, but I have found how to replicate it, and how to prevent it from happening. It tends to happen when you scroll wheel your camera while holding the shift lock key. Sometimes it happens, but if you bind the shift lock key to control, it 100% will happen. Not sure if it has something to do with shift lock or control key yet.

2 Likes

I’ve got the same problem on Acer Nitro Gaming mouse.

1 Like

Same thing with my Logitech M720 Triathlon, this has been going on for years now and needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

Saw this got bumped, so felt the need to explain this issue.

This issue is relevant in Logitech mice and many other brands of mice. As I’m not clear on what exactly Logitech (or any other company) is doing to cause this issue, I can not give a definitive cause. What I can give is a guess:

When you hold Control, the mouse will treat the scroll as a pan (panning on most modern browsers will zoom in and out), therefore causing the horizontal snapping to occur. Lifting Control does alert the mouse of this event, however Roblox will still treat scrolling as panning. Roblox has said they were issuing fixes for this in the past, but I guess never happened.

I have a Logitech G502 myself, and I’ve been experiencing this problem ever since I got the thing.

I’m not sure if this issue ONLY occurs with LGS (or any other software from the brand of the mouse you may be using) installed, but if thats the case that would explain everything.

3 Likes

This has just randomly started happening to me. I’ve never had this bug before.
Mouse is a Razer Deathadder V2.

1 Like

It happens on my corsair too I don’t know the model though

1 Like

i have the same problem in build a boat, jailbreak and TreeLands, but i need to rejoin to fix it… it’s weird ! roblox still not fiexed that…

1 Like

Still an issue for certain players.

May apply the fixes listed above but I do not see any use for left/right scrolling for the mouse wheel.

What other game has used the mouse scroll for movement of the camera left/right or up/down?

2 Likes