Horrible stuttering in viewport when moving camera

When I move my camera, my studio stutters unbearably. It happens in test as well.

This has happened as far back as I can remember, no idea why it happens, it has always happened every time I’ve used studio on this PC.

Here’s a video: https://streamable.com/eygjp

My specs are as follows:

• ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/ac
  • Intel Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz
  • ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 12GB
  • Team Group 8GB RAM x3
9 Likes

Does the same thing happen in a clean baseplate or any other place of yours? This isn’t a surefire answer but it could be the large amount of particles.

1 Like

Honestly, i don’t know why you’d ever think it would be the particles in cause with a i9. hoo knows lol

By the way, in my whole life i’ve used over 8 different PC to create in Studio
Most of them was a i3 in the past, never i’ve encountered this issue at all,

Can you try to experiment a bit how your lag starts or how it could be intensified?

1 Like

Can you try in the same place with all plugins disabled?

1 Like

What’s the position of the base plate?

It looks like a similar problem when the camera is millions of studs away from the origin.

1 Like

@Subcritical_alt @TheRings0fSaturn I haven’t yet disabled any plugins, the baseplate position is at 0,0,0.

However, after opening a game into 3D accellerated gameplay (Dying Light in this case) the issue appears to have been fixed. I’ve had this issue in the past, and it used to fix itself when I started recording at high (>60) framerates.

After closing Dying Light, the issue comes right back, and even with all plugins disabled, the issue still persists.

This is starting to sound like it’s caused by VSync/GSync. Can you disable these for Studio and retry? NVidia will allow you to configure this per application.

I’ve never enabled either of those in my NVIDIA control panel, VSync is always set to use application settings, and I just don’t use GSync.

Late reply but I had the exact same issue and there were 2 causes. I’ll reply anyway in case anyone else in the future stumbles on this thread because when it happened to me I couldn’t find anything.

• If your have an Nvidia GPU and Gsync-compatible monitor, make sure Gsync is set to fullscreen only or off in the Nvidia control panel. It seemed that when set to windowed and fullscreen mode it was causing issues. I’ve never used AMD’s equivalent, FreeSync, but it’s possible that also causes this issue. If so, check your AMD catalyst control panel settings.
  • Overlay. I was using the EVGA one and even though it wasn’t visually working with roblox studio, it caused issues. Either close your overlay software when using studio or set an exception for studio. Studio is currently called ‘robloxstudiobeta.exe’ but that is subject to change.

Other possible causes

• Vsync. Try turning it off specifically for studio in the nvidia control panel or amd catalyst software.
  • Old graphics drivers or the current graphics driver being glitchy. Try updating your graphics driver and if it’s already up-to-date, try going to a previous, stable driver from a time period where roblox studio did not stutter.
  • I do not have a GSync compatible monitor
  • I do not have any overlays enabled, if I see one I turn it off
  • I have not tried specifically disabling VSync for studio yet, I will try that now
  • This has happened for years, so I don’t think graphics drivers are an issue. I regularly update my drivers

You should also check if your display has Freesync support. nVidia GSync now supports high-quality Freesync models.

Well I have a few other ideas.

• Open cmd on windows 10 and type ‘sfc /scannow’ to see if there are any corrupted windows 10 files. This is relatively quick to do and it’ll usually repair the files for you.
  • Another option would be to reinstall windows 10. You can do it without losing files but you’ll have to redownload your applications. It may take several hours but was quite quick for me. I’d try this last.

I’ve done both of those in the past and they fixed some issues with other applications. If you have changed your motherboard or a lot of your other hardware components, then you’re supposed to do a clean reinstall of windows 10 anyway.

Do you have any hardware-controlling software for fan-speed curves, GPU control, etc.? That could be causing it.

1 Like

I think my Studio is doing the same thing yours is, except my stuttering is often accompanied by brief periods of “not responding”. It is a very new computer, only a few months old, so it shouldn’t be doing this… not with my specs. If I could still use Studio in this state, it wouldn’t be a problem, but it easily doubles my work time with this ghost “lag”.

My specs are much lower than yours, but comparable:

• i7-9750H @ 2.60GHz
  • GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
  • 8GB x 2 DDR4 RAM

[EDIT] Oh dang, I just disabled Vsync for Studio, and so far so good!

[EDIT2] Vsync disabled, and it helps a little, but only half fixes the problem (reduces the number of stutters and crashes). It must be a compound issue.

1 Like

This issue haven’t been fixed yet till this day, I have tried disabling Vsync and Freesync and it still stutters a lot that it’s unusable unless you’re only typing code

1 Like

I had this issue, but here’s a fix that worked for me! I found the RobloxStudioBeta that the shortcut points to, then in the Properties>Compatibility I checked “Disable fullscreen optimizations”

I think it’s related to desktop scaling

1 Like

I had the same issue till today, I went into Nvidia Control Panel and disabled my max framerate cap, it fixed the issue, apparently roblox looks choppy if it’s under 200 fps.

1 Like