Horror character I made

A while ago I decided to try to make a horror game with friends but later abandoned the project.

here’s a character I made for it:

I made the parts in blender then put it together in studio

5 Likes

I don’t really have a suggestion 0-0.

Honestly,it doesn’t look scary from this POV, but I surely think it is horrifying when the textures on the body is attached, and the game is completely designed and set for the mood.

Following things need for this character’s improvement:

• Textures
  • Perfect mood and setting for the game.
  • Sounds & Animation.

This has a lot of potential if this character is established well and nicely. I’m looking forward to that.

1 Like

Tihs was the first time I made something in blender and then put into studio. It was also my first time texturing. What can I specifically make better with the face texture? Its also 5 times the size of the player:

I say shrink it down, and then change the shade of the body. It doesn’t seem to match the body.
Ooh a suit texture would look cool on it. Like a zombie banker or something.

what do you mean by a suit texture, like an actual suite?

Like a texture to make it look like it’s wearing a business suit. I dunno why but that would be really creepy.

this is supposed to take place in a school

He could be the headmaster of the school😱

want to know the story of the game?

1 Like

So basically it starts off with this kid named billy, so he dies because of his bullies, and that’s the demon of billy. Billy haunts the school. In the events of the game, you and whoever are playing the game are in detention after school and the only people who are there are the principle and the janitor. You go to the principles office and he’s talking to you, but all of the sudden there’s a bang somewhere in the school. The principle goes to check it out but gets killed by the monster. The only safe places are the rooms, because the monster is too big to fit in them. You have to collect items in order to defeat the monster, but every time you collect the item you have to go on to the principles computer. But the problem is, every time you find the item the electricity goes off and you have to do a puzzle to turn it back on.

Picture of the school layout:

there going to be a second story by the way

but I stopped working on it because my friends kept putting free models and it broke the game. Also because it was such a big project. But I fixed it and I might continue working on it

I recommend you to resize the height of the figure about the height of the player. Going big on scary things sometimes doesn’t turn scary at all.

Also, I recommend fixing the face texture a little bit, make it seem like a smushed fleshy face, yet cannot be determine exactly what. This will provide horrific traits.

1 Like

Do not just share games with your friends. This is extremely a dangerous thing if untrusted people are developing your project. The best thing is do it by yourself or hire a developer or a trusted friend to do the work with. This will avoid unnecessary models and scripts from loading in your game and crashing it.

The best thing to do is create another place without the access of those people and start fresh.

1 Like

Yeah, I learned that the hard way. I took out everything they put in so its working fine now. Im definitely not working on games with friends in the future

1 Like

To be honest, I think almost every developer has learned that the hard way

1 Like