Horror Game Feedback!

I am currently working on a survival horror game called “Midnight Madness” Its theme is similar to residence massacre. here’s how to play when the night starts:

(Dont forget to take the flashlight and lantern and press U to speed up the dialogue)

1. Be careful as theres a monster lurking in the darkness around the map.
  2. Use a flashlight to slow down the monster, flashlight batteries deplete quickly. Use it when needed.
  3. The monster can’t chase you when you’re in the camp.
  4. Locate wood around the map to keep the campfire alive.
  5. If you see an eye staring at you at the edge of the camp, turn on the radio.
  6. Find batteries on a table around the map to power the radio.
  7. Look for canned foods on a table around the map to heal yourself.
  8. You get colder in the darkness, so stay near the campfire to warm up.
  9. Survive until 6 am.

Games Link:

5 Likes

Played it for a bit
I’ll start with the lobby
You should add some ambience to the lobby will improve the feel of the game
There is also an issue with the cars they do not update once a group teleports.

The actual game is pretty nice I like the tutorial showing how to survive and the objectives to do during the night.
One thing you should add is a counter or some way to see how much wood you have collected or in your inventory
I also had an issue a few times where the monster would just spawn on top of me and I couldn’t react and would take a load of damage maybe try to have it spawn a little bit farther away so players can react to it faster

Overall, I think the game is pretty good aside from a few minor issues.

The monster spawnpoints are actually near the camp so ive think of that and im planning to place it much further away from the camp and also to make it chase the player from different directions rather than always from the back when the player exits the camp. Ty for the feedback!

1 Like

Hello, I got the chance to play a couple round just now, here are a few things I noticed

1. The temperature you freeze at seems quite high? (28°C is not what I’d call hypothermic!)
  2. When trying to pickup two items in the house at the beggining of the game, if you try to pick up the same item twice it still counts it (I tried with the flashlight, not sure if it’s other items too)
  3. First thing you see in lobby is gamepasses, nothing wrong with monetizing, but I wish i would’ve seen more of the map before this (personal preference I guess)

I really liked the style of using studded bricks for the landscape and lobby, and I hope that I see some cool updates in the future for it.
Overall, I really enjoyed playing this game, and even alone it’s still a load of fun. Good job! :)

The temperature is actually your body temperature not the environment, and the pickup items thing was new to the game so it has some bugs, ty for the feedback!

1 Like

It looks interesting and cool. Good job