Horror game i'm working on

So i’ve been working on a really cool horror game, And I would really like some feedback on what I should keep and what I should do to make the game better this would really help me understand what makes a good horror game.
edit: feel free to join the support server if you really like it!
Sniper19p's game development server

https://www.roblox.com/games/6047292458/Nyctophobia-Alpha

4 Likes

The horror game is very scary! I think you did a great job on this game! I could give you feedback but I didn’t finish the game because it was that scary lol!

1 Like

just one question for you how did the graphics look like the grass and lighting?

1 Like

Well, the game told me to put it over 5 quality. So I did! The grass and the lighting looked fine on my end after putting it on max quality. So I think it’s good!

1 Like

Ok thank I just worry about people that don’t have good pc because when on lower settings the light will not load in for some chunks. Then their left blind i’ve been trying to figure out how to fix this for some time but it seems to be on roblox side.

1 Like

Wow such creepy vibes! It worked alot, that shadow doesnt forgive at all dam

1 Like

Thanks for trying it out i’m hoping to get it really big but I don’t really know how to get more people with out asking people to and also asking for feedback.

1 Like

Honestly make it less creepier LOL (Jk Don’t its already neat)

But being realistic put a soundtrack or more fancy animation or more In-Workspace models (I died really early game so i just found a Eletricity Station.)

1 Like

Do you think I should slow down the shadow a bit I mean he’s kinda slow if you run. I’m working on a item right now for the store that will stop the shadow and wipe your name of the current person being chased and turn to the next current person.Then the soundtrack like what type?

1 Like

Nah you don’t need to slow down the shadow. And for the soundtrack make sounds like: A music starts playing when the shadow is near or a heartbeart sound to make the player aware that the shadow’s around, an Ambience where the music can tense up to trick the player into thinking that the shadow’s near, sound for the shadow killing so that players nearby/far can hear the scream of the player (That helps alot give the game more creepy vibes with uncertaity from what can happen’s next). But just if you want tho

1 Like

Funny thing is half of that is in game already when a player dies you hear a small boom in the background then if the shadow is near music starts playing the one thing i don’t have the trick part though thanks for the idea.

1 Like

Oh mine game volume was almost on zero! (Fear of having a jumpscare lol) Well that means your game is already perfect then!

1 Like

Thanks I’m going to keep working on it found a bug in the victory screen then also I still have the get the datastore done but I don’t know how to do it between two places. Also thanks for all the great support!

1 Like

Update to horror game:
The loading screen: was fixed and reverted to old stages due to me not liking how it looked
Main game: Fixed barriers not being in the right place and making player fall of side and die
Last thing is donations: added 10 50 and 100 to the store even though that 10 is in donations already.
Feel free to help me out by donating thanks!
Expect more updates coming soon