Horror Survival Game Feedback!

Hello! Im currently working on a survival horror game called “Midnight Madness” Its similar to residence massacre. here’s how to play when the night starts:

1. Be careful, theres a monster lurking in the darkness around the map.
  2. Use a flashlight to slow down the monster, flashlight batteries deplete quickly. Use it when needed.
  3. The monster can’t chase you when you’re in camp.
  4. Locate sticks around the map to keep the campfire alive.
  5. If you see an eye staring at you at the edge of the camp, turn on the radio.
  6. Find batteries on a table around the map to power the radio.
  7. Look for canned foods on a table around the map to heal yourself.
  8. You get colder in the darkness, so stay near the campfire to warm up.
  9. Survive until 6 am.

Games Link:

6 Likes

Hi @arkanooun,

Here’s my feedback:
As I joined the game, the lobby looks nice, I love the idea of needing wins to get accessories that can give you a bonus. the GUI looks good. I love the story. I love it how the game gives you instructions on how to play. I love how you can give feedback after dying as well.

Here’s what I don’t like about the game:
The talking sound of the npc’s are annoying. (You should add a GUI text that say’s “T to skip.”
Shiftlock is useless and you should disallow player’s to use it and plus if you use the shiftlock it messes up your camera a bit.
You should add some background music for the lobby.
Some audio’s are very loud for example, when the monster appears and you turn on the radio, it blasts out very loud sound which can annoy players and make them leave the game.
The story gets boring after some time because you just gotta do repeating tasks that doesn’t need that much action.

Overall it’s a great game and it has potential to go big if you know how to play with your cards right. Just add some more tasks or missions to do or a story. I’d rate this game 7.2/10 for the current version.

1 Like

Ty for the feedback! So for the dialogue you can make it faster by clicking the >> button or press U, theres a text saying “You can speed up dialogue by pressing - U” at the beginning maybe you dont see it? And yeah about shiftlock you can just turn it off and you can sprint. And lastly about the sound its just a temporary sound i use that bc i cant find any dialogue sound at that time

1 Like

Here’s some things you could add to your game to make it better.

Enhancement Suggestions:

1. Audio Cues:

Monster Sounds: Add distinct sounds for the monster when it’s nearby to increase tension.
Radio Static: Make the radio emit static noise when the monster is near, hinting players to use it.

1. Environmental Interactions:

Random Events: Introduce random events such as sudden gusts of wind that could extinguish the campfire, requiring players to relight it quickly.
Hidden Items: Place hidden items or clues around the map that provide advantages, such as a temporary speed boost or a stronger flashlight.

1. Dynamic Difficulty:

Progressive Challenge: Gradually increase the difficulty as the night progresses. For instance, make the monster more aggressive or reduce the availability of resources.
Difficulty Levels: Offer different difficulty levels for players to choose from, such as easy, medium, and hard, affecting the monster’s behavior and resource scarcity.

1. Multiplayer Mode:

Cooperative Play: Consider adding a multiplayer mode where players can work together to survive. They can share resources, strategize, and keep each other safe.
Player Roles: Assign different roles to players, such as a lookout, scavenger, and defender, each with unique abilities.

1. Visual and Atmospheric Effects:

Weather Changes: Incorporate weather changes like rain or fog to add variety and challenge.
Lighting Effects: Enhance the game’s atmosphere with dynamic lighting effects, such as flickering campfires and eerie shadows.

Implementing these suggestions can make “Midnight Madness” more immersive and engaging for players while keeping the core mechanics intact. :grin:

2 Likes

The game is okay. I rate this a 5/10.

Dawg you didnt even play the game