Hosting Proxys: Questions

Hey developers, I have a couple of questions around hosting a proxy. I often feel held back of doing certain things due to proxies. Now I haven’t really learned other languages of programming, and Have stuck with luau for roblox games, because well that is what roblox uses. My main questions, are

• How can I make my own private proxy for games I make? (Only I would use it)

• What exactly is a proxy? (I have some understanding, but the resources on the dev forum around proxies That I have found aren’t the greatest)

• And How can I Kinda make it like how roproxy, by replacing roblox.com requests to my own words?

• What extrenal platform(s) should I use?

• Should I be worried about security if Its a private proxy? If so how should I do this?

• How do I ‘Get’ the info from proxies into roblox scripts to then decode and use etc…

I know that this is a lot of questions around a Proxy. I have been scripting for ~3 years, and wanted to do so many things but never got a full understanding of a proxy is and never tried to ‘make’ one. So don’t assume that I know certain things! Any help to answer these questions is much appreciated! (If you can’t answer one of the questions, skip it!)

A proxy is a server that acts as an intermediary between your computer and another server. This can be useful for hiding your IP address, protecting your privacy, or speeding up your connections.

You can make your own private proxy using a service like ngrok or localtunnel. Once you have created a proxy server, you can configure it to forward requests to the Roblox website. You can also configure the proxy server to replace roblox requests with your own words.

If you are using a private proxy, you should take steps to secure it. You should use strong passwords and encryption to protect your proxy server. You should also make sure that the proxy server is not accessible to unauthorized users.

Once you have configured your proxy server, you can use it to make requests to the Roblox website. You can then use the response from the Roblox website in your Roblox scripts.

I hope this answers your questions about proxies in a more human-friendly way. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind when using proxies:

• Proxies can slow down your connections, so it’s important to choose a proxy that is close to you geographically.
  • Some proxies may be blocked by Roblox, so it’s important to test your proxy before you use it in your games.
  • It’s important to use a proxy responsibly. Don’t use a proxy to bypass Roblox’s rules or to do anything that could harm other users.

I hope this helps!