Hours of work gone, was using team crate

Yeah, I did check in my autosaves folder. I didn’t find any that were on the day I built it which was yesterday (10/24/2020) and I stopped building around 4:00 PM CST, So I looked for any autosaves before 5:00 PM that were also made on 10/24/2020, but I could find none. I am going to check again however.

My latest autosave 10/19/2020, and I was not even on studio that day so that is weird.

Maybe one of your alts were compromised.

1 Like

That’s weird.

Check your settings as my studio autosaves occur every time I leave studio without publishing or manual saving.

Reconfiguring it would be a great help in the future and could prevent this from happening again. As it’s likely your pc could crash or studio could as computers are a machine after all.

1 Like

It’s super easy to delete objects in the workspace in studio, I’ve deleted important things a few times though I think mostly I’ve been lucky enough to recover things. Usually this happens when I’m trying to do something in some other UI like… adding a collision group and trying to modify the name using the delete key or backspace or something but studio thinks I meant to delete something from the workspace that was highlighted vs modify the text field I was in (or thought I was in).

Try using Ctrl+Z to undo changes and see if you can get your stuff back (this might be more for future help than current as you probably have restarted the copy of studio you were working in by now).

1 Like

I did undo as much as I could when I found out my gun went into oblivion.

Roblox TeamCreate autosaves every 5 minutes (I think). As a case of this, your autosave folder should be the last resort you use. Unless you yourself deleted it, it’s worth Ctrl-Z’ing it. I tend to hit the save button regularly, just by using Ctrl-S, because that’s a habit I have while programming. Try to revert to an older update if that’s possible. It could have been deleted and re published to Roblox, via the “Configure Start Place” page.

If that’s not the case, I’m afraid you’ll have to redo it again, as Roblox don’t have a way of regaining the assets before deletion. Save more often and when you get the chance to, right click the model in the Explorer and click “Save to Roblox”. You can easily insert it back from the Toolbox tab. It’s unusual that terrain deletes as well, it’s a part of the base game, unless you mean the baseplate (part).

1 Like

I did revert to older updates, nothing. I am redo-ing it at the moment.

Well, This happened to me a lot of times. For reasons I don’t even know. If I were to guess, it is probably that one of you’re alts were compromised, or its a autosave bug. Either way, I think you should always save the world before you go do anything else while the tab is open, regardless of autosaves.

Hope this helped,
Morphic.

1 Like

There isnt autosave in team create and dont ever rely on autosave

1 Like

Alright, but as I said, I did publish before leaving the tab open and I did no changes after that, so it should not have done anything. Even if I didn’t publish, it wouldn’t have removed everything in the game, or at least shouldn’t have, because I had the tab open the entire time.

it must of been corrupted or something, keeping studio open for a long time can get weird but i’m not sure what else, sorry

1 Like

Never, ever rely on team create. Always save before you leave your PC. My internet connection is unstable so I save even more.
I doubt someone got into one of your alt accounts (alts usually look plain and don’t look like they would be worth getting into), went into studio, saw your builds and deleted everything.

I’ve had my work deleted many times before as well. Here’s a similar post: Team Create changes never saved - Lost Three Hours of progress

1 Like

Wow, I’m sorry to hear that, I’m pretty sure that you do seem to work hard for it I suppose so. But its weird about your post, I’ve never encounter a problem something like this before. How about just uninstall and reinstalling Roblox Studio, maybe it might work.

@F1ghtOn I had team create on, but I only invited alts.

I guess it might also be because of the alt accounts I suppose. Maybe its as if your account and all of your alt accounts are in the same local internet server spot
(idk how to call that specifically so forgive me)

You should be working on with other Roblox Developers who are living in different locations from yours because I’m pretty sure it might be because of that.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure, but if I’m right, team create has been a little bit glitchy lately.

1 Like

FYI, I just realized that those are alts were never actually saved. You have to give them edit permissions in studio, but then from there you have to click the save button in the game settings. So the alts could not have ruined the game, because their perms were never saved. So it couldn’t be hacked

perhaps my main account F1ghtOn itself is breached? I will change my password and make a new email

This has not happened to me. Like @DevourerOfBread said, maybe one of the accounts you invited was compromised. What you can do when building in the future is create a back-up for your game (a copy), but remove the permissions your ALT accounts have

1 Like

FYI, I just realized that those are alts were never actually saved. You have to give them edit permissions in studio, but then from there you have to click the save button in the game settings. So the alts could not have ruined the game, because their perms were never saved. So it couldn’t be hacked

I will save next time along with my publishing every minute, but it should not have OOFed itself, since I did publish, and I kept the tab open, so even if it had not published, it should not have deleted itself while I was gone. I never turned off the device between the time I finished it and the time I opened the tab again to see if it was still there when I discovered the whole thing had vanished.

Yeah, I would hate this to happen!

1 Like