House Horror Game Feedback Needed

Hello! I am making a horror game taking place in a home, it is about nightmares. Please can you tell me what to improve about the detail of the walls of the house, and the interior in the Bedroom area. The hallway isnt completed yet, but feel free to leave feedback on that too.

9 Likes

Its looking scary, maybe you can make it darker. Very cool!

1 Like

Ill see if I can equip the player with some kind of Lantern you can pick up in the bedroom, and make it much darker.

I absolutely love this! One thing I’d think about changing though is the paintings! Maybe change the ones you have to some less famous painting decals to make everything just a bit more realistic! Paintings that you would see in a normal house like that!

2 Likes

The paintings are just placeholders. I am going take actual screenshots ingame for the paintings, with props and stuff.

1 Like

It’s really amazing !
I’m exited to see the hole project done.

Just one thing that I would do is add something more in the corridor, it look pretty empty.
It could be anything (a dresser, more paintings, etc…)

1 Like

Ooh, love the wood textures!! Maybe make the planks in the walls via hallway a bit more uneven / slightly change the hue of some of them to have a fading vibe. Some cobwebs and making the light flicker could also make it have a spooky vibe!

Yes, I am going to add more furnishings in the hallway. I am currently struggling with the lantern sticking to the ground though and I don’t know how to fix it.

The light does flicker however in the density it isn’t that noticeable, hopefully turning brightness up will fix that. I will add cobwebs, thank you!

1 Like

Going to use photos like these for the paintings, obviously I will make other family members as well and not just him.

And you will be playing as the person in the picture, I will make it so all the pictures somehow link to what is happening

1 Like

Oh, that’s really cool! Gotcha!

The lighting could be nice with some Color Correction and Blur! Apart from that good!

I haven’t thought about Color Correction, I will be sure to try that out at least.

1 Like

Looks cool, ngl. If you want to make your map scarier - add some web, it will look good with your style

I messed around with the saturation, it looks pretty damn good now.

@artur05 Thank you! I will be adding some cobwebs when I can get some more rooms done and then start adding minor details.

Felt like sharing how good it looks in future lighting.

Fabulous! Good Job. Blur might make it stand out a little more.

1 Like