How can I achieve a gradient neon effect

Hey there, So to make this quick I want to know how this gradient neon effect has been created and the steps behind it

even if it isn’t a gradient neon effect how did they do it, was it some sort of texture UV
mapping because I’m clueless.

1 Like

The mesh is vertex painted, which means that the mesh data contains colors for each vertex (e.g. brighter and darker colors for a flame) and the MeshPart’s material is set to Neon. This is currently the only way to get meshes to glow since there is no support for emission maps.

I don’t understand how this is not the correct category.

1 Like

its building support bruh not game design

Sure, I agree that Building Support is the most appropriate category, but it’s relevant enough in Game Design Support that reporting is unnecessary. You’re being far too critical of such a minor difference.

2 Likes

This is not the wrong category I literally double checked.

also I never tagged building support and it doesn’t say its in builder support so what are you talking about.

After you vertex painted the mesh or object do you export it roblox studio then put the emission material on it or would you do it in Blender?

and ty for having my back people nowadays are too sensitive.

Yes, after you model a mesh you should be able to vertex paint it in the same modeling program and then export it to Studio as you normally would. The emission is basically the MeshPart set to the Neon material. Take note that this will not work if you texture the mesh.

I found some… interesting example meshes to help illustrate my point. They are all set to the Neon material.

Left: untextured mesh without vertex colors. It glows, but there is no color differentiation because there are no vertex colors.

Middle: textured mesh without vertex colors. It does not glow due to it having a texture.

Right: untextured mesh with vertex colors.

4 Likes