How can I add a "lighting brightness property"-like effect to ViewportFrame?

(before anyone says “ViewportFrames don’t have a ‘lighting brightness’ property”, I’m not asking about that, I’m asking how I could simulate that with a script manipulating the ViewportFrame lighting properties we do have)

How could I simulate “brightness” and/or “Time of Day” (similar/same thing as “brightness”?) while trying to keep it as accurate to regular lighting properties as possible in a ViewportFrame? I know it’ll likely take a bit of math to get the “brightness”, color, and “blueness” (when it’s less bright) to work together, but I just don’t know what that math would look like.

This is what inspired me to ask about it and also an example
Note how when bright it just normal(ish) color (but much brighter than the ViewportFrame reflection for some reason), and when dark it has more of a blue-ish tint (and a little darker than the ViewportFrame reflection). basically I want to simulate that lighting effect in ViewportFrames, but I’m just not good with math lol

1 Like

have you considered using shiny/reflective parts like robuilder?

How to Make Super Reflective Parts! - YouTube

2 Likes

You can blast up the Color3 of a ViewportFrame beyond it’s initial Color3 value. For example

viewportFrame.Color3 = Color3.new(1.5, 1.5, 1.5)

I use this to simulate brightness in my Viewport package.

2 Likes