How Can I Add Doors to a Large Map Quickly?

Hello. I’m building a horror game with a somewhat large map. The map contains above 100 walls and almost every wall needs a doorway in it. Sadly, because Roblox’s union system doesn’t work, it makes it very hard. The only way I could think of making the doorways was to go to every wall and make a hole, with 2 parts on the side and 1 on top, but that would take forever. What is a way I can quickly add doors to this map without using unions because they break?
If you are wondering what the map looks like, here is a picture:

There is no way unless you rebuild the map with doors

1 Like

Sadly, because Roblox’s union system doesn’t work, it makes it very hard.

You can actually use Roblox’s CollisionFidelity if you’d like to use unions. By setting this value to PreciseConvexDecomposition, you’ll get better collisions (may not be perfect, but it’ll be much better than traditional union collision).

1 Like

I will try this, hopeful this works.

Sounds good. I’ve been able to use this method for similar purposes without issues, but I don’t know if it’ll function differently depending on the size or complexity of the union(s).

1 Like

They are simple holes cut into walls, not super complex.

Oh, okay - I wasn’t sure if they’d all be separate since you have so many. I wouldn’t expect any problems if that’s the case, but good luck trying it out.

1 Like

I’m planning on having them all 1 union, but if any bugs happen with it being one, I will make one union per door in a wall, if that makes sense.

1 Like