How can I animate a character with tools?

I want to achieve a tool that will move with the hand instead of locking it and the entire rest of the right arm in place. I’ve tried setting the AnimationPriority to Action, however, the tool is still overriding the animation in spite of this. Another solution I have tried is disabling RequiresHandle and welding the tool to the RightHand, this did not work either.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

2 Likes

What do you mean? If you mean that you dont want the player to hold it at a 90 degree angle, then try this solution that I had in one of my threads:

1 Like

Currently not directly possible, however a solution is in the backlog.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/tool-attachment-with-motor6d/48966

1 Like

If welding the tool to the right arm didn’t work, it’s your animation, not the CoreScripts. You’ve yet to show any indication of whether you’ve debugged your code by checking the developer console, let alone haven’t provided a segment of what you’re working with right now.

How much of the arm did you actually animate? An animation acting on the right arm with the Action priority should not be overridden by the toolnone animation which sits at the Core priority. What does the animation look like? What does your code look like? Have you attempted to debug or review your code?

Yes, I have attempted to debug and review it.

Animation:

Weld script:

w.Part0 = char.RightHand
	w.Part1 = script.Parent.wand.HandlePoint
	spawn(function()
	for i = 1, 20 do
	script.Parent.wand:SetPrimaryPartCFrame(char.RightHand.CFrame)
	game["Run Service"].RenderStepped:Wait()
	end
	end)

I THOUGHT a weld would work, and although this appears to work(I can see it swinging relative to the RightHand’s cframe/position/orientation, its offset by at LEAST 25 studs.
If there is some sort of solution for keeping this set to the cframe of the hand(i thought about a spawn function and a while true setting the cframe of the tool to the right hand, however would cause lag, and as this is in a localscript, would not replicate likely.

EDIT: I want this tool to move relative to the RightHand, not at a 90 degree angle.

Full code(have put this in pastebin so it’s not a insanely large post.):
https://pastebin.com/raw/ayfUkurK

1 Like

UPDATE: Got it to work, woo! started removing the weld code and what not, then suddenly it decides to stick out the arm at a 90 degree angle again.

Still at action priority. No luck.

Have found a solution in editing the Animation script in the character. I was looking at TOP_Crundee123’s post and found colbert’s reply. Thanks for everybody’s help.