How can I change material directions?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to change the direction of the wood material 90 degrees.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I searched in Dev Forum but couldn’t find the solution.

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

I want to change the direction of the wood material 90 degrees on the handle part of the hammer cause it looks unnatural now.

2 Likes

Definitely consider checking out @stravant’s MaterialFlip Plugin to help with this directional issue. Not sure if it’s Meshpart supported but you can try it out.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
I tried the mentioned plug-in and the result is below.

Yes, the direction is correct,
but the form is tortured, which I don’t want.
It seems this plug-in is effective for simple forms only.

2 Likes

At this point you should probably consider making your own material or texture to suit your mesh

4 Likes

OK, I will try. Thank u for your advice anyway.

1 Like

That looks like a MeshPart. Did you make it yourself and have a model available of it?
If not, make sure the handle’s orientation is 0,0,0, then right-click on it in the Explorer and hit “Export Selection” and import it into Blender.
Go into Edit Mode, rotate it into the same orientation as your hammer’s head (so 90 degrees), go back into Object Mode, hit Ctrl+A, select “Apply all transforms”, and then export it.
When you now import it into Roblox, the material should now be aligned how you want it to.

1 Like

Although I already fixed the problem by UV mapping, your method seems good.
Next time I will definitely try. Thank you so much for your useful info!

2 Likes

You can just union it with another part which is facing the direction you want the material to face.