How can i create animated effects?

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to create animated effects with Roblox, for my game!

2. What is the issue? Well, I really wanted to create effects like that
    Slam

But I have no idea how to learn to create, I just wanted to know, what is the name of this type of effect and where can I learn it?

1. What solutions have you thought of so far? I already searched for tutorial on youtube and forums, but I didn’t find it, I think it’s because I don’t know the name of this type of effect.
3 Likes

Do you mean VFX? There’s some good topics about them if you need help finding some:

2 Likes

I know how to create effects of this type, but I don’t know how to animate, for effect of this type I use TweenService and CFrame, but it doesn’t work out as I want;

2 Likes

These kinds of effects are generally created with particle emitters, and sometimes other components such as transparent meshes. Roblox also has a “beam” effect, and a “trail” effect.

Through a layered combination of these components, toggled on and off by a script at intervals, you can create the kind of effects that you want to. If you feel confused and cannot find a tutorial or guide for Roblox on how to do these kinds of effects try searching for a guide on creating a particle effect in another engine. For example, “unity3d particle explosion,” or “unreal engine particle explosion.” Then try to use the aforementioned effects that Roblox provides you with to create a similar effect.

4 Likes